Can I Make Rabbit Treats with Baking Powder?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazels.meadow

Reaction score
Hello! I have recently been into making all sorts of fun rabbit treats for my own bunny and plan to sell them eventually too. I was wondering if it's safe to use a small amount of baking powder in rabbit treats. I can't seem to find the answer doing a Google search and was hoping someone here might know! Thanks so much :)

Good question. Baking powder is made from baking soda actually. I do know that it is not safe for a rabbit to ingest either one by itself. It can cause severe gas (even rupture) in their gut. However, what I don't know is whether the powder or soda is chemically altered enough in the baking process to make it harmless.

Hello! I have recently been into making all sorts of fun rabbit treats for my own bunny and plan to sell them eventually too. I was wondering if it's safe to use a small amount of baking powder in rabbit treats. I can't seem to find the answer doing a Google search and was hoping someone here might know! Thanks so much :)
Just wondering why you would use baking powder in your rabbits treat. And I've heard of ppl using baking powder, to cut down on the acidity of what ever they are making, meaning for like heartburn and other things. Are you using the baking powder as like something to make the treats stick together

Latest posts

Back