Can I bond 3 boys and a girl?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trish88

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a neutered bonded female-male pair that have their own room. I recently acquired two single boys, one neutered, the other just got neutered today. My biggest question right now is, should I try bonding my bonded pair with these two boys, so 3 boys and 1 girl? If it could happen, they would all share their own bedroom. Many thanks

Hello, I would say you can try with very slow introduction maybe let them explore the others enclosure with out them in therefirst to allow them to get used the smell of one another. And then slowly introduce them for short periods of time and a lot of supervision. If there is any signs of aggression or upset separate and let them cool down for the day. It won’t be a quick process but it might work out.

I would highly advise against it as you could break up your existing bond. Most likely what will happen is the male that is already with the female has claimed over her and the boys will fight over her. I would try bonding the new boys together. But you need to wait 6-8 weeks for the newly neutered male to get all of his hormones out. @Blue eyes has a website that I love that has tons of info about bonding. https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/

Hi, as was suggested already you'd need to wait about two months after neutering and just make a clear plan watch them study them each and try it very carefully, starting from short sessions, just be prepared and equipped with gloves and water spray etc please watch as many bonding videos as you can find and be emotionally prepared and confident yourself. Bonding boys is not advised generally but I believe in exceptions and in a good plan. Also bond between your pair could break and you will need to fix it slowly. But no one can guarantee how it will be as very individual. I wish you best of luck and will watch this thread please keep us updated I have some crazy plans myself but won't start before I am confident, I have lots of hope especially for boys with calm and friendly temperament who I watched from their birth. All my boys are still intact but even brothers are so different sometimes. Some of them must be separated at 10-12 weeks some of them are quite nice to each other until 4-5 months, one is nice to other males even he is nearly 8 months and his father is not a fighter as well. I've only tried very short sessions and still haven't decided which ones I'd like to bond together so going to neuter them and do it properly. But I believe some of them could bond especially those who inherited their father's good temperament and they also have very similar habits, I believe they could use same toilet etc.
I also have tons of questions do I bond them in pairs first or just try to put 4-5 together, including fixed females. Will watch your thread please share your experience with us

Thanks guys, I'm still indecisive as to what my next step should be (should I do it?, should I not?), I have done bonding before with boys and boys and girls, the boy and girl pairs were really successful but the two boys' personalities were just too different. Anyway, my last boy was only neutered yesterday so I still have to wait 6 weeks l, he is just calming down slowly.

Latest posts

Back