Can Bunnies play in snow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy101

Reaction score
Hello guys. I'm just curious. Can they? I have seen way to much people doing this with there bunnies so I thought that I should ask. I know if it's safe for teddy to go out in the snow. Is it?

I used to have outdoor rabbits and I let them play in the snow. The kind of snow is important. If it is wet snow, I would not let them do it. If a rabbit gets wet, they can catch pneumonia very easily. If they are outside rabbits with plenty of straw or hay in the hutch where they can dry off, then they should be fine as long as the snow isn't too wet. The colder the weather, the less time my rabbits would spend in the snow.

My outdoor bunnies love playing in the snow while my indoor bunny will only spend a few minutes outside. Then run indoors again snuggling up to something warm.

It depends on the rabbit. I agree with what was said above not to let your bunny in wet snow. Most of my bunnies were all mainly indoor rabbits so they never enjoyed the snow even when I would let them outside to play in it they would come back inside and stare at me o_O. Bunnies are sensitive animals they can’t handle cold temperatures below 50 degrees Fahrenheit very well or hot temperatures above 75 degrees Fahrenheit very well either. Make sure your bunny has grown its winter coat and the snow is dry in texture not wet and heavy. Give it a try. Monitor them closely. If they like the snow then let them play for 5 minutes depending on the temperature outside. Don’t let them freeze or get sick. If the temperatures are below freezing then I would advise against it just to be safe. Be careful of deep snow. Use good judgment. Once you bring them inside give them plenty of pets and keep them warm before putting them back in their inclosure.

Latest posts

Back