can anyone tell me the breed of my two bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyusagi_12

Reaction score
i got two bunnies last month they are both girls (or so i was told) and they are about 7-8 weeks old. i purchased them at a flea market and was not told their age, i only know that they are sisters. can anyone tell me what breed they are? and yes, the cage is small but it is temporary. i am going to build them a cage with storage grids, but they wont arrive until about two weeks. i am planning on breeding them once they get older, (like 3-4 months) so knowing about what breed they are is important. also, sorry for the bad quality.IMG_20200403_195530.jpgIMG_20200403_205351.jpg

Last edited:
The pictures are blurry so it is hard to tell what breed they are.
What does their diet look like? I would separate them ASAP! One of them might be a boy and will get the other one pregnant. Here is a great link for how to tell: Sexing rabbit pictures!.

ok thanks! heres a better quality pic, it was blurry bc my internet wouldnt download the pic properly. i will definitely check the sex to make sure they are both does. their diet consists of about 1/4 cup pellets each, a handful of veggies each, and unlimited timothy hay. only twice i have let them graze on grass and dandelion with their cage lid to keep them contained. i occasionally give them a piece of apple or strawberry, especially after i clean their bedding out (every 2-3 days) and of course, unlimited water, which is give out of a bowl. btw their names are lucinda (left) and usagi (right)lucindaandusagi.jpg

I agree with Nancy McClelland, they do look like Hotot/Lionhead mixes. They are so cute! 😍
Their diet sounds great! I would make sure all of the grass is safe (unsafe weeds) and has not been sprayed with pesticides. You do not have to have bedding because it will confuse them about where to use the bathroom. You can litter train them and cleaning will be so much easier. Most people on here use pine pellets.

ok thanks! i actually ordered a litterbox for them and will litter train them. thanks so much for your help!

Latest posts

Back