Can a peanut be saved?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So thrilled Cassie is doing so well. She is getting so big.

And have to admit, Blondielocks keeps catching my eye. She is very stunning. I like Karat. Love his coloring, but the soft colors of Blondielocks.

Congratulations on the Beautiful Hollands. Thanks so much for sharing. Really enjoying watching them grow up.

K:)

Guess who has updated Cassie photos?! She has now earned herself several nicknames aside from Cassie, including Cassanova, Pancake (because all of her siblings are always sitting on top of her and squashing her, she she has a bit of a flat appearance..!), Manx and Manxi, since she is tail-less and SO STINKING CUTE IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

Prepare to squeal.

14734_201104_560000000.jpg

14734_201104_570000001.jpg

14734_201104_580000002.jpg

14734_201105_280000000.jpg

Manxi 'tocks!

14734_201105_290000001.jpg

:party0002: Cassie is a stong babe.
I once had kittens who were not growing and dieing it was heart breaking but what we did was we started giving them cow antibiotics mixed wih kitten formula and at last the last one alive grew and she got better. so if there isn't anything harmful to rabbits I might use that in a case like this. Only problem is that it is a powder that is suppost to be mixed with water and it makes 100 gallons.

Hi all! Sorry for the delay in updates. As some of you may recall, I sold out of all of my rabbits and took a job in DC, so Cassie (who now goes solely by the name Pancake) came with me as my "office bunny"! And OH MY LORD, this child of mine...is so spoiled. Spoiled, ROTTEN. Here are some pics, with commentary. Enjoy, and thanks once again for all of your support throughout this process!

We start the drive up to DC. Pancake is less than thrilled with my singing voice for 13 hours but otherwise does well.
14734_261541_340000000.jpg

Pancake gets settled into her new home in my quiet, sunny office.
14734_261541_360000003.jpg

14734_261541_340000001.jpg

"Harrrrrumph!"

14734_261543_090000000.jpg

BUNNY 'TOCKS! She is so cute without a tail. It doesn't seem to bother her or make any difference, except for the fact that sometime poop gets stuck in her fur, I suppose because the tail isn't there to swat some of it away? And also it makes her lose her balance sometimes when she is bunny periscoping and she just tumbles backwards, haha.

14734_261541_350000002.jpg

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to rotate this in the gallery. As you can see, there is no lack of love, adoration, affection and cuddling that goes on here.

14734_261544_170000000.jpg

Trying to "get a better signal...."

14734_261544_170000001.jpg

14734_261543_090000001.jpg

Oh, just sittin' in my food bowl. No prob.

14734_261543_100000002.jpg

On Mommy's lap!

14734_261543_100000003.jpg

Pancake loves her Mommy. We've settled into a daily routine now. I arrive at the office and give her fresh food and hay and clean out her litter box, then move the cage off of the credenza and down on to the floor in a sunny corner, where I open the door. I put her collar on her (you can see the purple bit in some of the pictures) which has a bell on it so that I can keep track of her! The door to her cage is left open all day so she pretty much has free run of my office and the office next to mine, and she hops about to her heart's content. People come in and out all day to cuddle her and snuggle her, and her life is PRETTY DARN GOOD! She is about 90% litter trained (for which I can take no credit, she did it basically entirely on her own!) and has never gone on the carpet, ever. :))

Thank you for all of the kind words and support, everyone. This is truly difficult for me. I know it's part of the game when breeding, but I'm the type of girl who shoos spiders out of the house with a magazine and a gentle suggestion of "Why don't you go get some fresh air outside?"

Thank you for the links about the surviving peanuts. What I found most interesting was that both of them got to that point LARGELY without human intervention. That makes me believe that nature allowed them to have a better shot.

For what it's worth, Cassie does not appear to be in any pain or unhappiness; she just looks exactly the same as she did on Day 2 as she does today on Day 7. (What's more painful, for both of us, is the drop-by-painstaking-drop feedings twice a day, with her often breathing in the milk and choking and me agonizing...)

Yesterday I decided to listen to the little voice of painful reality in my head and not feed her. When I checked on her last night, she was wiggling around and her belly looked to be full, surprisingly.

So, thank you all. Blessed be, sweet little Cassie. I will let Mother Nature do what she will, as she often knows best. I'll keep all of you posted. Thank you.
Lol I am that person to do that too. If I find any bug inside I will pick it up and put it outside and if someone steps on it because they have no heart I yell at them and say "What did that bug ever do to you?!" So I feel for you

Lol I am that person to do that too. If I find any bug inside I will pick it up and put it outside and if someone steps on it because they have no heart I yell at them and say "What did that bug ever do to you?!" So I feel for you
14734_261559_560000001.jpg

Bunny has her hammock!

And let it be known that Pancake turns giant 6'4" burly men into puddles of "D"AAAAAWWWWWWW!"

14734_261559_560000000.jpg

Did pancake live long term ? Any photos of her ? The online old photos do not show . I am trying to save couple of peanuts and I wonder if I am just postponing the inevitable . I really appreciate some input . Thanks

This is a very old thread. You aren't going to get responses from most of the previous members who posted. If you want a discussion on this topic, I would suggest starting your own thread in the Rabbitry and Showroom subforum.

Latest posts

Back