Can a New Zealand and a Holland Lop have babies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielles_pets1

Reaction score
So, my brothers New Zealand got out last night, and so did my Holland Lop. Tango(Holland Lop) is a doe, and Bud(New Zealand) is a buck. Im really worried about her ability to survive the pregnancy. She has had successful litters in the past. Bud is a rather small New Zealand. Should she be okay? Im really worried. Shes been perfectly fine so far. I cant take her to the vet for at least a month. She is going to be 2 years in October. Thank you in advance!

Of course they can have babies. There is always a risk with any pregnancy, it simply might be more risky for her this time if the buck was quite a bit larger than her as the babies could be a bit bigger. If you can't get her to the vet for at least a month, there's really not much you can do except wait and see how it goes.

If she has wide hips and the New Zealand had a small head then hopefully she will do ok. Its really sad but I saw an ad where the people bred a male flemish giant to a female Jersey wooly and somehow the mother and the babies all lived through it.

Latest posts

Back