Camelot!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunsforlife

Reaction score
Well I know Carolyn has been chewing her fingernails all day... since I promised her some news...

As some of you may know... Shawn and myself were headed to a rabbitfair today so Shawn could ask questions about Flemish Giants from abreeder. We went and talked for a good 30 minutes about thebreed. She let us hold a baby blue and pet some of the othersof her stock.

Well I inquired since he was very friendly and inquisitive and she toldme that she brought the baby because someone was intending onpurchasing him. Well that lady never showed up and she waswilling to sell him to us. Seemed like fate! Wellwe talked about it, and decided to take him. And then on theride home with the gentleman in a carrier I took a closer look at hispapers.

Are you ready for this...

He was born on the day Shawn and I got married. He was meant for us!

Shawn decided to name him Anubis. And Guinevere, well she isa little put out, but she let Anubis climb all over her, groom her andeven groomed him. She is so mellow. But anyway... Iam rambling and I am sure you people want to see pictures! Ofcourse Gir is stomping away in his cage, not a happy bunny.

amanandhisbunny.JPG

shawnguinanubis.JPG

newfamily.JPG

AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He is ADORABLE and I love hiscolor .Another happy couple bitten bythe Flemish Bug lolCongradulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, bunsforlife!! I can't be any happier! Weneeded a gray and he's So Gorgeous. I love his name...Anubis. I lovethe shape of his eye in the second picture. That's the shape Cali'seyes have too. Anubis looks like he's already so content and happy.Your husband's not too in love, ey?
What a bizarre coincidence that his birthday is your anniversary. Some say "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."

I just love his color. Do you know how much he weighs? Did you get his papers?

I'm So Excited!!! :D

-Carolyn

Oh we are happy, and so is the BIG stinker =D

We had him on the bed, he just flopped down next to us and purred as wepetted him. Dont know how much he weighs atm... Housemateslocked up the scale so we couldnt break it. But we do havehis papers. The breeder says he wont grow to be massive, buthis mom is 17 pounds and his dad isnt full grown yet.

He still has his baby fur so he is sooooooooooooooooooooo soft. But boy... when he thumps it is intimidating :shock:

He is settling in right now, still a little jumpy but he had a busybusy day. And the breeder is REALLY nice =) Gotta email herwith his name as well as the tidbit about being born on the day we gotmarried =D

I am just soooooooooooo happy.

Aww, the baby's flopping and purring already. Kisses are coming, if they're not already there.

He's really, really gorgeous, Bunsforlife.

More Pictures - MORE PICTURES, and don't forget to include Gir and Guin.

Yes, those thumps are quite loud, even as babies. Sooo cute! I love thelittle guy as he was my own. I'm so psyched for you and your family.

:)

-Carolyn

There will be more pictures tomorrow, today everyone is a little unsettled, after all, who likes so much change in one day ;)

No kisses yet, but he is nibbling our clothing and has no qualms withlaying right next to us while we watch TV. Now to littertrain him ::laughs::

Understand COMPLETELY.

Go be with your babies. Give Gir and Guin, and the baby beast a kiss from me.

:)

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you!

-Carolyn

I have to share this before I go to bed...

Anubis was running around playing with the blinds when he startedthumping and freaking out. He made a mad dash for me, jumpedup to try and get on the bed slipped and I caught him. Inudged him up on the bed and he quickly ran to the pillows and buriedhimself under them. I was a little surprised. Shawnlooks out the window to see a cat staring back. Anubis wasscared of the cat! Well I kept trying to put him back on thefloor after he calmed down, and he kept jumping on the bed to snuggleinto the pillows. What a cutie! =) I can tell weare going to have some fun fun stories about this fine Flemmy

AHHHHHH!!! I am so happy for you. What agorgeous boy he is. I can't get over him he is Stunning!! I am so gladyou went ahead and got him. He is truly meant to be with ya'll.

I love his name too. Very cool and very manly sounding. Oh heis such a love bug already, How great. Just wait...it only keepsgetting better. Congratulations. Please post a ton more pictures whenyou get the chance. I am so happy for you all. How Exciting.

Flemish Fever Is the Greatest Fever there is!!

Tina and Apollo

Aww, Annnuuubbiisss! What a Baby Boy alreadyrunning to Mom and Dad for protection. He's such a cutie! I love thatabout Flemish. When they get scared, many run to you instead of awayfrom you. They're such babies, aren't they?

I never realized that Guin is under Anubis in 2 out of the of thepictures! How cool is that. I thought she was just a white pillow thatwas under Shawn's arm. What a good sport she is to let this new babylay all over her like that and take it.

How's Grumpy this morning? (aka Gir). Did he let you get any sleep lastnight or did he finally give up the thumping? I hope you have the wholeday to enjoy the family.

You might want to pick up some Calf Manna for Anubis. They need a bitmore protein than regular rabbit pellets provide while they're growing.Pamnock and showrabbits had recommended a tablespoon or so of it eachtime I fill up Cali's bowl. She goes crazy over it! It smells likeblack liquorice, but sometimes those cecotropes smell. Pam said that'sbecause of the Manna. Of course she was right because when I hadcompany last weekend, I cut down on the dose because I do give her morethan a tablespoon generally. It did make difference in the smell.

-Carolyn

He is just GORGEOUS!!!!! I just love his coloring. His fur looks sooo soft too.

You all are just making me want to rush out and get a Flemish now, you know. :p

I love the look of your new babie... He isawesome and very pretty! What is thumping caused by? Copper thumps andthen Leo thumps back. Anyways, I hope BOTH of your rabbits are doinggreat and getting along together.

Well yesterday was a very interesting day=) Had the buns out visiting (well except for Gir because heis being a real trouble bubble since he does not like having anotherrabbit.) and Guin and Anubis were running around. Wellaparently Guin wanted to show her dominance, started humping Anubis'face. I pushed her aside and next thing I know the two ofthem are chasing each other. Not in an angry way, but in aplayful. But I opted to seperate them incase one got toorough. On the bed, they both snuggle and groom eachother.

And I was planning on stopping at Agway on the way home today to getsome manna. I have a couple pictures but due to a sore wrist(too much computer time) i wasnt on the computer at allyesterday.

He is a very active baby tho. he LOVES the bed.when he is on the bed he just runs up the pillows, down the pillows,under the pillows over shawn and myself. Eventually he willflop himself at the end of the bed and we can nuzzle him. Heis a nuzzler. He will come over to us and bump us with hisnose then run off. I did get a kiss last night, but I thinkit was because he was trying to eat my hair.

He peed in his litterbox the last two nights which is WONDERFUL, now tojust get him to get his poos in there as well. but last nightwas interesting.

about 1am i got jumped upon by Guin. She was jumping up anddown my body. Next thing I know I get jumped on by a BIGbunny. Nubi managed to open his cage, jump down and then makeit over to the bed. He REALLY loves the bed. I gotup and put him back in his cage and he tried to climb on myshoulder. What a sweetie!

Of course he needs his claws trimmed so I think Shawn and I are goingto clip everyones claws tonight. But boy... Flemmys sure doguzzle down water! He almost emptied his bottleyesterday! Thirsty boy!

Ahh well, since I am at work I should get to work and do my job ;)

He is too cute!!! I want him!!! Can't wait to hear more stories and see more pictures.

Cristy

Well apparently Shawn needs to read some of myrabbit books. I came home from work to see Anubis buriedunder the covers by Shawn, Guin sulking angrily and Gir stompingaway. AS I looked over everyone, I noticed Anubis has ascratch by one of his eyes. Turns out Shawn put all three ofthe buns on the floor in the bedroom which isnt a neutral area as faras Guin is concerned. SHe got really angry and layed the beatdown on all parties. Shawn broke it up, put Gir back in hiscage, and Anubis leapt on the bed which he figures is his safezone.

I cleaned the scratch and put a little bit of bactin on thescratch. Anubis just sat there and let me. Doesntseem to bother him, and his reflex is still good around thateye. Guin and Anubis are fine now. I think it mighthave been Gir who instigated since Anubis grooms Guin all thetime. But I cant be completely sure. Justmonitoring play time VERY closely.

Nubi is being a very good boy, he hasnt peed outside of a litter boxsince Saturday but boy... he goes through water! He seriouslydrinks almost an entire big bottle a day.

And as you all mentioned... he is a big snuggle bun. Shawncalls him doofus tho because of the way his ears go every which waywhen he is sitting on the bed. His stools are alittle soft, but I am monitoring him closely, since I am slowly weaninghim onto the blue seal food that I use. And let me say... heLOVES Zupreem. I was handfeeding all the buns that earlier,Guin and Anubis together and Gir seperate. Gir did get someextra snuggle time from both Shawn and me, he seemed pretty shaken upsince Guin went postal on him. Everyone is relaxed now, Guinis sprawled out in her house, Gir is munching away and Anubis is layingdown next to the TV so he can keep an eye on both Shawn andme.

He was making a strange sound earlier, kinda like a huffing whilerelaxed, or rather like a clucking. Interestingvocalization! And he gave Shawn one kiss on the faceearlier. He loves to burrow into my hair and nibble and huffin my ear. He is endearing himself FAST!

And you Flemmy moms and dads were right... they do melt into a big fur puddle when you pet them!

That is SO Adorable how Anubis loves thebed. Don't you love those 'doofus ears'on Flemishbabies?? I still get a kick out of Cali's ears.There's no denying where her attention is focused.

Shawn waswise to stop the back and forth between Gir,Guin,and Anibus. You have to be careful of thechase, especially this early on in them getting to know each otherbecause it could lead to a fight. I can't believe Anubis wentfor the bed while Gir went to his cage. What a babe to letyou clean the cut without a fuss. Glad that Guin and Anubisare fine again. I do hope Gir settles down a bit, but he's sofeisty, I wouldn't count on it too soon. It could happenthough!

It must've made Shawn feel great when he got a kiss from TheBeast. Don't you love getting nudged by a Flemish?They really push your nose under your hand to make you pet them, don'tthey?

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back