Camelot!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is amazing having a Flemish! Anubisis very excited when he gets out of his cage, he spends the first halfhour hopping all over the place. then he settles in for somecuddles. And boy when they want your attention they know howto get it! I got snuffled and nudged until I started tellinghim what a good boy he is.

Guin is still angry, but she will groom Anubis after he groomsher. Guin knows when I am watching, because then she is themost laid back. there havent been any other scuffles but weare still proceeding carefully. Although Guin was very angrywith Anubis spending so much time on the bed that she decided to pee inthe spot Anubis likes to lay in the middle of the night lastnight. I was NOT a happy mom when I felt it in the middle ofthe night. I really cant fault her too muchhowever, she did get a big change in her routine.

But seriously, when Anubis is just chillin, he is on the bed either atthe crack where the mattress and the footboard meet or at the head ofthe bed on one of the pillows. Last night was theCUTEST. He'd Start buzzing, I would sit up and pull thepillow back a little, he would rest his chin on the pillow I pulledback and wait for some lovin.

I wish I would have gotten a Flemish sooner =)

Gir was very reserved when I did feeding this morning, no huffing, nogrowling no lunging, he just stayed at the back of his cage andsulked. I made sure to give him some Zupreem with hisbreakfast. Tomorrow, my day off, I am planning on snugglingand cuddling every bun individually and hopefully get some pictures.

I cant wait until I see a Big Bunny Binkie tho! He hasnt done so yet, but he is Mr Personality!

bunsforlife wrote:
And you Flemmy moms and dads were right... they do melt intoa big fur puddle when you pet them!

While most rabbits stiffen their muscles when you pick them up,Flemmy's relax them. Tina says it's like picking up a bag ofwater...that's a great way to describe it.

-Carolyn

Anubis is a complete doll. I can't getover how quickly he has settled in and stolen your hearts. I couldn'timagine not having a Flemish. I will have one or more the rest ofdays.

I love puddles with ears. It's so funny how something so bigand totally flatten lol. Yes it is like trying to pick them up is liketrying to hold onto a bag of water, they go totallylimp.

I love these stories. I can't thank you enough for sharing your boy with us.

Hugs and Kisses for Anubis, Gir and Guin.

Tina

bunsforlife wrote:
I wish I would have gotten a Flemish sooner =)

I know that feeling!

What does the name Anubis mean?

-Carolyn

*puts on geek hat*

Anubis is an Egyptian funerary deity, often referred to as "the patronof embalming" and "the guardian of Necropolis". He was the guide of thedead as they made their way through the darkness of the underworld. Asa patron of magic, it was believed he could foresee a persons destiny,in this role he was the announcer of death. Anubis is commonlyrepresented as a man with the head of a jackal. Son of Osiris.

(we'll ignore the fact that I happen to know all this because of a sci-fi show...)

*takes off geek hat*

Of course, this Anubis is a lot cuter than that guy! :p And Ithink that his color is my personal favorite on a Flemish. Such a sweetboy :)

After hearing all the Flemish stories and seeingall the great pics, I WANT ONE !!!! But I don't think the other 3 wouldlike it, plus I haven't got enough room for a forth bun.

At some point I will get a flemish, they look and sound like gentle giants. :D

Let me guess M.E.... Stargate =p

Shawn and I LOVE That show, and we were going through all the deitiesthat are represented in that show ;) He just is too gentle tobe a Thor =D

Of course he has been trying to eat my hair of late... and nipping on our clothing...

It is funny tho, Saturday when he went into his cage, he pushed himselfas far back as he could when I tried to retrieve him. Now Ijust have to walk by his cage and he is pushing at the door trying toget to me. He will even gently crawl out onto my shoulder soI can scoop up his butt to get him out. Hedefinitely loves people. He is even learning his name reallyfast! I tell him "Nubis is such a good handsome boy!" and hehops over to me with his head cocked to one side.

I meant to pick up a scale today when I went out, maybe Shawn and I canget one later, I am tempted to bring the boy to Petco with me::Laughs:: I have two size harnesses right now, one for him now, andone for him when he gets bigger!

Oh I love the Flemish =) And his color is GORGEOUS!

bunsforlife wrote:
Oh I love the Flemish =) And his color is GORGEOUS!

No Doubt - his color is as beautiful as his personality. He's got you and Shawn So Wrapped!

Thanks, m.e., for the explanation. :)

-Carolyn

His breeder called him Mr Personality when hewas with his siblings. He was the smallest of the litter butwhenever she went to check on them, he was the first one at thedoor. I believe it!

He is being a good boy today, but still no binkies. Cant wait to see that! =)

You just have to take him to Petco.He'll all the attention and would you believe they give out bunnytreats lol. You and Shawn are going to get the biggest kick out ofpeople's reactions to Anubis. I spend most of time chuckling atpeople's faces. It's funny. PLeeaasse take Anubisshopping.

The people there at petco love when Apollo comes in. Theyactually now his name and everything and I'm not there thatoften lol. It will be fun. Bring the camera too.

I am so loving how you and Shawn are wrapped around that not so little paw. Very endearing.

Tina

bunsforlife wrote:
Let me guess M.E.... Stargate =p

Shawn and I LOVE That show, and we were going through all the deitiesthat are represented in that show ;) He just is too gentle to be a Thor=D

Indeed :p

Yeah, I do like the name Anubis. I mean Thor is adorable and all, but Ican see how the name wouldn't fit (personally, I think "Destroyer ofWorlds" has a nice ring to it, though it may give the bun a complex :D)

WEll today was a fun day... wish I didnt have to go to work tomorrow although.

Anubis had a grand old day, jumping around the bed, the floor, groomingGuin getting groomed and just plain hanging out.

Even Gir got snuggled and cuddled today by Shawn, and he was receptiveto it! I hope you enjoy the pictures... only one who didntget pictures was Gir, he kept trying to eat the camera hehe

Bunny-12.jpg

I kiss you and then you Kiss me!

Bunny-11.jpg

I love you dad!

Bunny-10.jpg

I missed a spot!

Bunny-08.jpg

Lookit what Gir did to me Mom!

Bunny-07.jpg

Ahhh Relaxing time

Bunny-06.jpg

Wow Lookit all these neat toys!

Bunny-05.jpg

I think the basket is my favorite!

Bunny-04.jpg

I live to groom!

Bunny-03.jpg

Your turn Guinevere!

Bunny-02.jpg

Uh oh... She's got the Flashie thingie again

Bunny-01.jpg

I'm Trying to nap Mom!

Bunny-09.jpg

My Pillow now!

I missed a WONDERFUL picture opportunity because Shawn got in the way ::grumble grumble::

Guin and Anubis were laying nose to nose with their eyes closed...Shawn went over to investigate and they both ran over for some lovies.

Bunsforlife,

I love the pictures of Anubis on the bed. Definitely see how much heloves the life of luxury. I'm so glad he and Guin are getting along sowell. It's incredible how quickly they bonded.

I do think that if my two would've allowed Cali to be their friend, shewould've gladly accepted. Poor Gal always hangs out under Tucker's cagewhen she's out. She really wishes he'd like her, but he doesn't.

The picture of Shawn getting his face kissed by Guin is really sweet.

Please give Gir a kiss and a cuddle for me when you can. He must bemadder than a hornet having to split his time now. He's such a cutie,even if he is a bit bi-polar, I love him anyway. :)

Thanks for the pictures! I love them all and the stories you tell areexcellent. I couldn't be happier for you, Shawn, and Anubis.

-Carolyn

I love these pictures. He is adorable.They are all adorable but I'm in love with Anubis. I totally love hiscolor.

I love this picture

Bunny-09.jpg

This is my absolute favorite picture of Anubis.

Tina

He was laying on my pillow at thetime. He really seems to love the bed! Instead ofcircling like a dog will when they want to lie down, Anubis digs alittle and then mouths the pillow. Then he is blissful forquite a while. He did get grounded to his house earlier tho,he bit Shawn on the neck. My guess it was a love nibble likehe does to our clothes, he was very upset when we started yelling athim. I just checked on him, he came over to the cage andnudged me and then started to nibble on my hair.

Hopefully that is the last of the nipping! When he gets me byaccident I yelp loudly and then he gets upset and starts nudging atme. I think he doesnt realize how sensitve our skinis.

He is still our little baby, and how could you not love the way he justsort of drapes himself over our legs if they happen to be in *his* spoton the bed. But it is bedtime over here in Camelot... and Ihave work tomorrow (even though it is my day off grumble grumble) so Ishould get to it, and stop cooing over the babies (I have Guin lickingmy toes atm)

Oh I love being a Bunny Mom!

Isn't it unbelieveable how upset they get whenyou yell at them? I can't raise my voice to Cali because shejust hunkers down and nudges me. She'll sit next to me withthe most pitiful look and it takes me 10 minutes to convince her that Istill love her, she just can't do those things.

She would also do the nibbles, but she doesn't anymore.You're doing the right thing by jumping back and saying Ow!He'll get used to it. As to the clothes thing? Caliwill tug on my pants if I don't pet her when she comes up tome. It takes only one bite to make a hole in them...even thejeans. I have a pair of Cali pants. I also have towatch her when company comes over because she'll do the same tothem.

-Carolyn

ohmy....i just HAVE to get one of these buns ASAP! These pictures and stories are melting my heart. :inlove:

Latest posts

Back