Calling All Chicken Owners :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

>Bunny<

Reaction score
Hello! I’m a bunny lover, but I’m also obsessed with chickens!!! I’ve got two grown-up gals, a white Silkie (named Rainbow Grassy by an at-the-time 5 year old, nicknamed Rag) and a Buff Brahma (Chicken Good). We now have 3 baby chicks in the brooder! A Salmon Favorolle (Rex), a painted Silkie (C.C. Coalback, or Rag Jr.) and a Frizzle (Rebecca Feather) who was an accident. We asked for a dark Brahma and the woman who sold them to us seemed to have gotten confused! We can tell because shes about a week old and her wing feathers are already crazy curly. :)
I’ll post pictures, but the device I’m on doesn’t have any! Tell us about your chickens, and feel free to chat about chicken ownership too!

I'm a chicken lover and owner! I currently have 8 girls. Used to have 10, but in the past week two passed away. :( Here is a picture of my six girls on their birthday a few months ago. Kiwi, the one in the bottom right passed away last week.:( RIP sweet girl.
DSCN7734.jpg
(I'm brooding some chicks in my basement right now though, but just yesterday one passed away. RIP Zinnie.)

It's been a tough week. :/

I'm a chicken lover and owner! I currently have 8 girls. Used to have 10, but in the past week two passed away. :( Here is a picture of my six girls on their birthday a few months ago. Kiwi, the one in the bottom right passed away last week.:( RIP sweet girl.
View attachment 46467
(I'm brooding some chicks in my basement right now though, but just yesterday one passed away. RIP Zinnie.)

It's been a tough week. :/
Awe, what sweet girls. They are beautiful! I’m so sorry for your loss. 3 Chickens in one week sounds very, very rough.
One of my chicks (I started out with 4) also passed away. RIP Baby!!

Hi everyone! I have Naked Necks mostly, but I also have a few others including a Silver Dorking mix. Right now there's a rooster and 10 hens, plus I have 8 Nn chicks in a mini coop outside. Here's my roo and a few of his girls.
20200119_172417.jpg20191218_101045.jpg

Nice!
How many chickens do you have? Do they have names?? :) NakedNecks aren't my favorite breed, but that's not fair because I've never seen them in real life...lol

Nice!
How many chickens do you have? Do they have names?? :) NakedNecks aren't my favorite breed, but that's not fair because I've never seen them in real life...lol
No names other than we're calling the rooster Jr because he reminds me of his predecessor. I was raising meat birds for a minute and names make them pets.
Nn aren't for everyone, I realize that lol. I live in a desert though and the fluffy birds don't do as well as the Nn. In addition to no feathers on their necks, their overall body has fewer feathers and the down isn't as thick. I had some beautiful blue Australorps but they died from the heat.

No names other than we're calling the rooster Jr because he reminds me of his predecessor. I was raising meat birds for a minute and names make them pets.
Nn aren't for everyone, I realize that lol. I live in a desert though and the fluffy birds don't do as well as the Nn. In addition to no feathers on their necks, their overall body has fewer feathers and the down isn't as thick. I had some beautiful blue Australorps but they died from the heat.

We have chickens. We had 1 black naked neck. His name was Donald Trump. Lol. He had the whole hair flip going on. When he passed I warned my teenage son not to broadcast that Donald died. Lol. He was a good chicken.

We have chickens. We had 1 black naked neck. His name was Donald Trump. Lol. He had the whole hair flip going on. When he passed I warned my teenage son not to broadcast that Donald died. Lol. He was a good chicken.
Ha ha! That's hilarious! I had a chick that was sort of yellow as a tiny that I wanted to call Donald. Looked just like him with the 'do.
What breeds do you have now?

We have 1 brown Cochin named Franchesca.
And 8 white leghorn. (All female )
And let me tell you they are definitely keeping us in eggs.

We have 1 brown Cochin named Franchesca.
And 8 white leghorn. (All female )
And let me tell you they are definitely keeping us in eggs.
That's awesome. I know what you mean, I'm swimming in eggs right now! There's always some version of deviled eggs in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back