Californian Doe going on 32 days pregnant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukehatton16

Reaction score
Hello,
I bred my californian doe last month on the 28th. It’s is currently September 30th and still no buns. Before anyone asks, yes, she is pregnant. She has a nest built and pulled fur for it around day 25ish. The reason this concerns me is that I’ve had a palomino doe that retained her kits and died around day 38. Does anyone have any suggestions on what my next steps should be?

I’ve had does that fooled us before because they did everything but had kits. That being said, have you tried gently palpating? You could try a few things to encourage labor...giving a chewable tums, getting her to run around, putting her with a buck (though don’t allow them to mate). Last step would be to have a vet do xrays to look for kits.

I palpated her a couple days back and could feel a couple kits, And I I have felt small kicks on her abdomen. By not letting the buck mate do you mean letting him mount but not fall off? I’ll give the other steps a try first though.

Mine don't usually go until day 32 or 33. I've had them go up to day 35 with live kits.

By putting the doe in with a buck it can stimulate her hormones and possibly trigger labor. Don’t allow the buck to mount. She won’t need to be in there too long...just keep him from mounting her.

By putting the doe in with a buck it can stimulate her hormones and possibly trigger labor. Don’t allow the buck to mount. She won’t need to be in there too long...just keep him from mounting her.
She kindled overnight last night to 8 babies. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back