Calico Rex Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassidy909z

Reaction score
Just an update on my Calico Rex babies! They're five days old today, and big and healthy. There's six, maybe more, I haven't thoroughly went through the nest. The momma was a rescue from a rex breeder that needed the money, so I thought why not! I love watching babies grow. It looks like there's two tortie colored babies and the rest calico, or broken colors. I'll find out for sure in a few more days!

CAM01827.jpg

CAM01828.jpg

CAM01829.jpg

CAM01830.jpg

very cute! the color is actually not called calico.

The solid version is called harlequin and is usually an orange rabbit with black bands or intermixed hairs. The broken version is called tri color. This is a white rabbit with big orange spots and then small black spots over that.

Harlequin mini rex
036.jpg

tri color mini rex
6520029.jpg

Thanks for the info! She reminded me of a calico cat, so I just guessed. :p I don't think I'll be able to keep all of them, I only purchased the momma because her previous owners couldn't afford her and needed to re-home fast, along with two other pregnant bunnies. However I am seriously thinking about spaying/neutering before rehoming the babies. I just have to find a local vet that can do it.

Plus I wouldn't feel right accepting a re-homing fee for rabbits that have the potential to make more, and free rabbits can sometimes mean snake food or a dinner table.

OoooOOoo my favorites. I love harli's and tri colors. I have a harli doe and a tri buck. Its really a shame you cant show Harlis, because I think they are the most striking color out there!

Where are you located?

Latest posts

Back