Cages Only 2007

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anilover - that cage is far too small - whateveryour bunnies size! As MBH says, bunnies need to be able to stand ontheir hind legs...on both top and bottom level. I wouldnt even put aguinea pig in that cage.

Bunnies need space to hope about and flop out - it looks like yourbunny doesnt even have chance to do that, and given the amount of timeyour bunny is in that cage i think you seriously need to considerbuying or making her a new cage.

If she is continued to be kept in those cramped conditions then yourbunnies health is seriously going to deteriorate - and quickly.

If you need information on how big indoor cages / space should be forrabbits please let me know and i will pm you some information.

I'm afraid our RSPCA (royal society for the provention of cruelty toanimals) would dismiss that cage as being far too small, and cruel tokeep your bunny in that.

i have been taking care of rabbits for about 10years and i think i am taking very good care of my rabbit. it is notyour business to say what my rabbit can and cant fit into since youdont know her size. she is perfectly comfortable in her conditions andcan most certainly stand up on her hind legs. i dont need anyinformation on cages. FYI her health is not going to deteriorate sinceher cage is always clean and she is a healthy active rabbit. also youshould not talk to me about this anymore as it is not your business soi suggest that you keep your thoughts to yourself.

thanks, ani-lover

ani-lover wrote:
i have been taking care of rabbits for about 10 years and ithink i am taking very good care of my rabbit. it is not your businessto say what my rabbit can and cant fit into since you dont know hersize. she is perfectly comfortable in her conditions and can mostcertainly stand up on her hind legs. i dont need any information oncages. FYI her health is not going to deteriorate since her cage isalways clean and she is a healthy active rabbit. also you should nottalk to me about this anymore as it is not your business so i suggestthat you keep your thoughts to yourself.

thanks, ani-lover

Are you being so defensive because you know we are right? :shock:

That cage is FAR too SMALL for your bunny, and i am not the only person that thinks that!

bunnyhutch.jpg

And I"m inthe process of building a large NIC cage with big run area in a spare bedroom :)

Jessi

CheyAutRanch wrote:
bunnyhutch.jpg

And I"m inthe process of building a large NIC cage with big run area in a spare bedroom :)

Jessi

What a lovely hutch :)Your buns look very relaxed and happy.Whats that green grass/hay on the bottom - it looks gorgeous! I wantsome!

Grass? What's that? That's a foreign word here in Arizona haha!

It's hay. I have horses, so I have PLENTY of hay, and the bunnies arehappy for that :) They get bermuda (grass) and alfalfa (since they'revery young, I read alfalfa is good for their age?)

And thanks, I love that hutch :) I think the buns, do, too... they'realways relaxed in it :) And you can see the water bottle with meltingfrozen water... it's warm here :( But they come inside when it's hot,don't worry about that :) In fact, I took that picture right before Ibrought them in, or right after I put them back (I forget which)

Jessi

we have had turbo going on two years and withintwo years he has already one threw 2 cages and now is on his thrid, egrows to much. dont get me wrong he is still a small bunny but theother cages didnt look comfortable enough for him.

this is his 2nd cage!!!
turboindraw.jpg

this is his new spacous nic condo. i think its too big for him now.lol
ENJOY!

turboscage.jpg

turboscage3.jpg

turboscage2.jpg

turboscage1.jpg

turbosmommy, i like your cage. how many cubes does it have?

bunsterlove1969, i am not being defensive i am simply saying she isvery comfortable in her cage and i dont understand why you think it issmall. she is a small rabbit and has a lot of time to run outside ofher cage every day. she gets free run of my room for 10 hours every dayand hardly wants to come out sometimes. i am buiding her a 4 x 3 foothutch in the spring and next winter when she comes inside again shewill have an nic run attatched to her cage so i suggest you stoptalking nonsense.

Anilover,

I have that cage and my bucks love it. I bought most of mine beforethey put in the 2nd level and then I got a few after they did that andthey love to run up and down that ramp.

In fact, I think my buns frequently try to get on a waiting list forthose cages versus some of the larger ones because they see the othersrunning up and down the ramp!!!

Peg

Tinysmom, that is really cool Tabetha likes torun up and down that ramp and it is a good size cage for her i justdont like someone telling me it is too small repeatedly. right nowtabetha is only on one level because i have to liter train her but inabout a week she will have the top floor back. Do you think it is agood size cage?? like for you??

Jessi that is a great hutch!!:D I often hear USmembers talking about how it's hard to find a decent sized hutch there,looks like you've been lucky. Reminds me of the nice big ones here.:)

ani-lover wrote:
turbosmommy, i like your cage. how many cubes does it have?

bunsterlove1969, i am not being defensive i am simply saying she isvery comfortable in her cage and i dont understand why you think it issmall. she is a small rabbit and has a lot of time to run outside ofher cage every day. she gets free run of my room for 10 hours every dayand hardly wants to come out sometimes. i am buiding her a 4 x 3 foothutch in the spring and next winter when she comes inside again shewill have an nic run attatched to her cage so i suggest you stoptalking nonsense.

Bunnies are supposed to able to hop at least 4 times whilst beingcaged, and stand on their hind legs- your bunny certainlycant do that. That cage is far too small ani-lover.

I also suggest you stop talking nonsense, and get the proper living arrangements for your rabbit. :mad:

Bunster,your tone is out ofline,please lighten up! We won't be allowing thisargument tocontinue without deleting posts, so please don'trespond, you've made your point.

My bunnies aren't caged at all, but they still find spaces smaller thanthat to sleep in half the day or more. Tabetha isout of the cage for 10 hours a day, and she can run up and down theramp, and stretch from the bottom of the ramp to the top.

And AniLover has explained that it's the indoor winter cage, which isalso at the suggestion of members who told her rabbits should beindoors. Her old bunny, Domino was an outdoor rabbit if yourecall, and people gave her flack for that, too, even though he washealthy and happy and lived to the ripe old age of 15!

Spring is not far away, she'll have a fine new hutch!Ani-Lover is anattentive caregiver,she has our fullsupport. As someone else said, we make do with what we havewhen we have to! I have no doubt Tabetha is one happy bunny.

This is a thread for showing pictures and not attacking the pictures of others!

sas

thanks very much pipp.

i have been given a lot of aggravation. i simply dont see the problemand there is not one. when spring comes i will start work on her hutchand then she will be out door and happy and when the terribly coldbored winter comes she will be back inside in this cage with anattatched nic run.

any mods or admins are welcome to delete the posts reguarding the argument including this if you desire.

CheyAutRanch wrote:
bunnyhutch.jpg

Jessi
Jessi, that is one kick butt hutch! Where did you get it at? I love theway it's made and has the little shelf in the top right hand corner. Ialso like the ramp that goes down into the second level and it's allllgrass. Bunny heaven!

Here'sa pic of C&C's LOVELYcage, built from the love of an AMAZING person. :) (and of course thatperson is not me xp)

CIMG8965.jpg

Theres a separator in the middle...and the cage isn't over there anymore. I took this pic on the day we made it.

The one with the pink bottle is Cream and the one with the blue bottle is Cookie.

Jessi....I would LOVE to know where you got that hutch from as well. I live in AZ also!

I would like to get one for my buns so they can go outside for a fewhours in the summer every other day or so, just to get some fresh air!

- Amy

Latest posts

Back