Cages Only 1 (now closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, luckily for us, the bunnies do not climb,jump, or dig. They seemtoo preoccupied with eating the copiusamounts of clover growing on the lawn. Besides, they're never outsidewhen we're not around.

BTW, I figured out what the problem with the photos was, and I'll fix it when I get the chance.

~M

I've eventually managed to upload pics of mycage. Pernod and Perry are only put in at night, as they haverun of the house/garden during the day, but it is kept open so they canget to hay and water and (most important) litter box. My husband madeit and it is 4ft x 3ft. They only use the top hutch when they want abreak from each other. It is easy to dismantle and assemble and we takeit with them when they stay with my friend when we are on holiday.

Perrycage

Pnodcage

PandPcage

They always sleep in this corner

Wow! What beautiful homes your rabbits all have.

-Carolyn

I just ordered a new cage off thewww.petwerks.com website.I can't wait to get it. The cage I have now is the basicstarter cage and Baby has just outgrown it. I'll takepictures once it arrives.:p

The Leith Petwerks condos are gorgeous. If I actually had that kind of money (darn college!) I would get one for my bunsters.

Believe me, I don't have it eitherreally. Credit card purchase, that I probably should'nt havedone. But I'm 31 years old, and still a bit spoiled by mydad. And it helps that my dad is a major animallover. All i had to do to get 1/2 the money from him was sayBaby is growing out of her current cage and I'm broke and it was a donedeal.

Wow, that cage is going to be so awesome!!! Your bun is going to be so happy, Babymommy. :)

Also, I really like that hay ball, Luvabun. My rabbits would reallylike something like that, although I haven't seen one anywhere aroundhere. We want to change what we're using for their hay, but haven'tfound a solution yet.

Ok, everyones rabbits have cool homes. lol. Mine are CRAP! haha but, here's kinda some pics. Meg and Pep have the same cage.

bunnysocute.jpg

Peppy1.jpg

They're not big cages, but...they don't seem to mind. Its just for sleepin' and eatin' anyway. lol. ;)

this is a little off topic but i just noticedeveryone has their bunny's waterbottle on the outside of the cage. andihave mine placed on the inside LOL. hmms

double Hmmmm, mine is on the insidetoo.......

Hubby says ours won't fit on the outside because of the size of theholes in the wire. We've never had any trouble thisway....

pamnock wrote:
Always keep a close eye on rabbits in the outdoor"playpens". They can climb the sides (if so inclined) or digunder the fence.

Pam
Or unfortunately, your neighbor's cat can climb INTO the playpen andhurt your baby!I'll never let my Nemo outside again; forever an indoorbunny when he gets better!

My waterbottleactually is made to lean away from the cage when hung ...on theoutside... to prevent the rabbit from chewing on the bottle. I'm notthinking my mellow Elf would bother chewing on it, but from the soundsof that, I do believe my bottle was designed to hang on the outside. Ihad two waterbottles for her before that hung down from the top of hercage, so they were inside bottles. Sometimes Elf goes nuts withdrinking water, so my new bottle holds a 1/2 gallon. I'm sure thatshe's good for the day, even when she's really thirsty. She's neverfinished it in a day, yet.

Here is my rabbit cage set-up. There is nobodyliving in there- yet!! On Thursday (September 9th) I am adoptingPeanut. Her cage is ready for her.:D
buncage1.JPG
buncage.JPG

I made the door on the top of the cage myself, it is a pain only havingone door- so I have to lay on the ground to reach inside, and my armscan't reach to the back of the cage- so I made a top door for myconvience. :p

Here's the cage we built for Mr. Wiggles. Wesince built a platform and raised it off the floor about 14 inches. Iwas surprised the other day when he jumped back in on his own. It'sgreat because I can store his feed in a bin under his cage now, insteadof having this HUGE bag sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor! Theonly problem so far has been that he digs at the carpet, so I've comeup with a new plan, I'm going to make him a "mattress pad" using thestuff they make lap pads out of for babies and some real heavy flannel.We'll see how that works. Once I get his cage modified I'll take newpics again.

Megan

Mr.Wiggles Cage<-- once you're there,click on the pics and it will pull up a full size album.

This is the cage that my husband and I built forFuzzButt & Biscuit! It took us a whole weekend, butit turned out just like I imagined it would and the girls love theirhome!! Each side is a double-decker that has a door betweenthe 2 cages on each floor. During the day they have all 4sections to share and at night we close those 2 doors and the girlseach have their owndouble decker. We have to dothis because at feeding time (night) Biscuit will eat her food then goover and eatFuzzButt's!

Latest posts

Back