Cages Only 1 (now closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cinnabunny wrote:
NightPoet00 wrote:
Luna_102_blue.jpg

These seem like great cages. Of course, I'm all set with my nifty and slightly precarious NIC cage (I just reinforced it with cable ties, thank goodness), but I drool over this every time I go to the pet store. Anyone have any experience with this one?
This is the cage I bought for Beauty and now Cinnabunny resides in it. I like that the hay bin and water bottle can be moved anywhere. I like that the food bin is attached to the top floor which encourages her to go up there and eat. So far I like the fact that I can easily clean the bottom of the cage but she continues to be a young bunny and is pooping and peeing in the bed area. That isn't good because the sides of the bottom aren't high enough to stop her pee from going over the edge. A triangle little box fits fine in the cage and I hope to convince her to use one corner of the bottom so that I can put it in there. The top of the cage opens as well the side. The doors are a good size and make getting her out very easy.

I do realize that we have to take her out and put her in every time she is loose but this is ok in our house. With two little boys I want to know when she is out. She is small, and hopefully won't be TOO big. We will work on ways to allow her more freedom as we get used to taking care of her.

I'll post some pictures of her in the cage when I take them.
This is th cage i bought from petco for my bunnies Mocha and Sungura...

I just built a cage for my foster rabbit and her babies. It's a 2 x 4 NIC condo. With a shelf across the back. To support the shelf, I used L shaped shelf supports, and just zip-tieded them in.

June112006019.jpg

June112006022.jpg

June112006021.jpg
June112006020.jpg

June122006025.jpg

June122006031.jpg

--Dawn

i didnt clean my cages before i took the picture, like most of you guys did. and my cages are deffinally not as cool looking as most of yours. but here they are anyway

cages3.jpg

cages1.jpg

cages.jpg

TrixieRabbit wrote:
Adding some more detailed pics of Trixie's cage. The directions on how I made it are in her bunny blog.

attachment.php

Top hinges open:

attachment.php

Side of cage:

attachment.php

Trix "sunbathing" on the penthouse level:
attachment.php

Trixie, where can I find the bunny blog? I wanted to know what you used for flooring/shelves.

Wow scarey. Spring that is the exact same layout that I was going to make for CupCake! Except I was going to attach it to her other cage. Well, at least now I can see what it is going to look like. :goodjob

Lissa

:shock:! Cool! I was going to attach it to her cage because her cage has a ramp, but I don't have enough room. It was very easy to build :D.

NightPoet00 wrote:
Luna_102_blue.jpg

These seem like great cages. Of course, I'm all set with my nifty and slightly precarious NIC cage (I just reinforced it with cable ties, thank goodness), but I drool over this every time I go to the pet store. Anyone have any experience with this one?
I dont have experience with it but its certainly too small. Also whats the bottom made out of? Is that metal? Each bun needs about 2 square meter of space. I got 2 soon to be 5 and they live in a 10 m2 room on 2 floors. Im about to build a 3rd floor if walmart figures out how to ship the NIC Cubes to germany -_-

Emi

The above cage has a plastic bottom. It is 30 inches long, 20 inches deep, and 14 inches tall. The hutch on the side is 10 inches long, 14 inches deep, and 9 inches tall. Here is the updated cage for Cinnabunny. We started with the above cage because it was bought, and used, before reading this forum. Having been already chewed, and costing WAY TOO much money, we have adapted it. Cinnabunny has grown some but she is still only about three pounds. So far, her cage is where she is during the middle of the day. She is out in the morning, and then for a long time in the evening.

[align=center]
alltiredoutA.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]This is Cinnabunny 'zapped' in her cage after a long session of playing.[/align]
[align=center]
bunnyfavoritefoodlateMay06A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Cinnabunny peeking out the door showing her favorite foods.[/align]
[align=center]We decided that she would need a way to get out of the cage without us as she got older so we found doggie stairs for a really good price.[/align]
[align=center]
stairsA.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]They were just the right height.[/align]
[align=center]
stairsup4A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Cinnabunny figured it out right away.[/align]
[align=center]We also decided to find a way to make her a playpen so that she could be out when we are home but not under close supervision (I have two small children).[/align]
[align=center]
playarea1A.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Cinnabunny's play pen has been great! It is about three NIC panels deep and six panels wide. She is out in the morning and eveningwhen we are home but not able to play with her directly.[/align]
[align=center]We are moving in less than a month and we are still trying to figure out what areas the bunny will have. I'll post them when we have them set![/align]
[align=center][/align]

here are some pics of stormy and cookie's cage, they share a large dog cage, but they free range most of the day and use it as their safe space as needed. i still need to get a hay holder, i put it in their bowl, which as you can see makes quite a mess. they also have a small cat carrier they use as a "burrow" we know when they are in the burrow, they are not wanting to be held, or played with.

Cinnabunny...that's ultimately what I want to do for my girls once both of them are spayed...just set aside an entire part of the livingroom for them. I haven't quite figured out what I'll do when the time comes, but I'll keep brainstorming until I come up with something! I'll at the very least combine their cages, but I want them to have even more room than that. :)

This is the hutch my hubby made for our bunns. We added the bottom section when we got our 3rd bunn to give them extra room. They have a whole bunn room to themselves so the hutch is really just for sleeping and eating!

A different view of the same hutch. We covered the floors in arborite so they are easy to clean(especially the bottom level with the litterbox!) but the other floors are all carpeted.

Latest posts

Back