Cages Only 1 (now closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! They will most certainly be spoiled. This I can guarantee!

the flooring is a Rubbermaid floor mat that I bought from Office Depot. It's what my family has used for years to line the floor near the bird cages. It's a lot easier to clean their droppings off of it rather than carpet.

And the panel that is right in front of the "Super Bunnny Look-out" isn't actually attached. I either plan on making it a door too like the front one or triming down this one plank of wood I have and placing it their instead. I did make this thing so I would be able to reach every single inch of the inside. :D

Here's a pic of Willow's cage:

n51401655_30061923_2878.jpg

And here is a picture of Willow and Cosmo..sadly, this is about the closest these two get...

n51401655_30055878_7292.jpg

-Vanessa

I love everyones cages its so fun to see what everyone else has come up with. On Max's cage i got a rug from home depot and flipped it over so the rubber part is face up. I see that a lot of you have put some sort of plastic down or tile, doesnt your bunnys slip and slide on that. Cause when max goes in the kitchten tile, she slides all over the place. Im asking cause i am looking for an alternative to the flipped over rug im using (that now has holes in it thanks to Max).

You can find lino and tile that is less slippery. The typical shiny stuff is awful, but the non-shiny textured stuff works pretty well. Or you can do like Just Jack and get an office mat.

I finally got a few more pictures, heres the cage we built, you can kinda see the holes Max made in the rug underneath.

Kristin011.jpg

Here's my little Mocha's cage, I'm not done with it yet still need to finish the top and maybe add some more levels. Does anyone have any suggestion on what toys to put in there that rabbits seem to like most, I'm at a lost! Thanks

James and I were so excited to post these picsbut the board was down.:X Anyway, we refloored the bunny roomand used all the space but a small walkway to make pens for the bunsout of NIC cubes. So now each pair has a pen that's about 5squares by 4 squares with a really nice shelf each. How coolis that?

szv42r.jpg

Fey and Sprite's pen.

szv5mp.jpg

Mocha and Loki's pen.

szv5w2.jpg

I can lay down in there!

They all have more stuff in there now- more toys and boxes andsuch. But the in-laws took my camera on vacation, so you'llhave to wait.

hmmm...i cant remember if i ever posted this in here...but peapoo finally got a better cage a few wks ago!:)

well here it is... it has eight shelves for her to play on!

bunny041.jpg

Ahhh so it was you that got that hutch! :) poston the other site and tell us how it's going, do your bunnies love itor what? :)

Wow, what an interesting thread this is! Loveseeing pics of others solutions - lots of creative people in here :D Imade a cage a week ago, it took me 2,5 days to build it, but I waspretty happy with the result, making it worth all the effort! Balderseems to ejoy spending time in it too, so... I'm happy when he is happy:) The lenght is 160 cm, depth 60 cm and height is 60 cm and 90 cm.Here are som pics:

Under construction:

bygg2.jpg

The final result:

bygg3.jpg

Balder in his new cage:
bygg4.jpg
bygg5.jpg

Thank you for your compliments :) He seems likea much more happy guy after leaving his much smaller and boring petshop-cage and moving into this one. Knowing that rabbits are preyanimal and can get uncomfortable if the cage is too spacy and "open", Ichose to spend some extra money on woodmaterials than just using themuch cheaper gridwalls... And sure enough, he always sleeps and spendstime in either the small "bedroom" up in the left corner, or on thebigger 2. floor up to the right. I've never seen him spend time on thelargest 1. floor, except when he goes in or out of the cage (orapartment ;)).

Hey silverie, nah I didn't get it in the end,but I am currently stealing the idea and making one of my own! HopeJohn doesn't mind but it was such a great hutch.

yep! that's where the picture is from :) andsomehow i don't think they would ship one to New Zealand! Soi'll have to convince my darest daddy to build me one :)

Latest posts

Back