Cages Only 1 (now closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's the cage i built this week for my rabbit.actually the little cage in the front is his old one that i bought 2years ago. i wanted to keep it but add more space so i just combined itwith the new bigger cage. it works out great because he can go back andforth and he can poop in his old cage so i don't have to worry abouthim flipping a litter box over. (he loves to flip things over lol)

it was easy to make. i just used organize-it cubes (Target's version ofNIC cubes), cable ties, and some floor mats. so much cheaper and biggerthan the old cage. it's very sturdy too. it's so fun to see him runaround in it. he still hasn't laid down in the new part yet(think he's not too sure of it yet, lol) but he goes in thereand sniffs and jumps on the different levels. i'll get betterpictures of him and the cage soon.

HPIM5248-vi.jpg

dmmcnair wrote:

Ella, Jenna, and Lexi live in this 10'x1 1/2'cage. I am revamping it to make it wider. Don'tmind the names on the doors. The gals have been moved aroundand the guinea pigs used to share quarters with thegals.

do guinea pigs and rabbits get along? not in thesame cage or anything, but in the same house would they getalong?

one of my christmas presents was a new cage forpeapoo... she stays upstairs sometimes and downstairs other times....mydad felt bad because i had to carry her cage up and down the stairs, sohe bought a cage for upstairs... heres peapoos first cage...itsdownstairs........ just ignore the box under it...lol..one of thewheels came off and i havent fixed it yet... i hate the box in it, butshe sleeps in it so i havent taken it out yet either until i get hersomething else

I have 4 guinea pigs in thier own cage and ourflemmie in his own below them. It is not a problem having both in thesame room but not housed together in the same cage.

It is nice having 2 separate cage for each floor. Make sure you don'thave wired bottom for the guinea pigs or their foot will get stuck andbreak. Also it causes bumble foot too.

Hey your bun is cute.

SweetPeasMommie wrote:
I have 4 guinea pigs in thier own cage and our flemmie inhis own below them. It is not a problem having both in the same roombut not housed together in the same cage.

It is nice having 2 separate cage for each floor. Make sure you don'thave wired bottom for the guinea pigs or their foot will get stuck andbreak. Also it causes bumble foot too.

Hey your bun is cute.
thanks.. do you ever let them out together?

When I used to have a mini lop yeah. They bothwere not a problem with the piggies. Just as long as you are supervisedwith them. Just never leave them unattended ever.

peapoo_bunny wrote:
one of my christmas presents was a new cage for peapoo...she stays upstairs sometimes and downstairs other times....my dad feltbad because i had to carry her cage up and down the stairs, so hebought a cage for upstairs... heres peapoos first cage...itsdownstairs........ just ignore the box under it...lol..one of thewheels came off and i havent fixed it yet... i hate the box in it, butshe sleeps in it so i havent taken it out yet either until i get hersomething else

Those cages are really small....

kgarver- love the roof! Sully only had a roof on the side that his ledge is. what are you using for the bottom of the NIC part?

Nicole

kgarver- love the roof! Sully only had aroof on the side that his ledge is. what are you using for the bottomof the NIC part? Nicole

I just bought 3 rugs and placed them side by side to look like one. Ididn't think that Sasha would try to eat the rugs but of course he didlol. Luckily the back of the rugs are this rubbery type material. So Iflipped them over so he won't ingest any rug fibers. Solvedthe problem and it's easier to clean and wipe down than the rug side.

I think I'm going to look for a large plastic mat or either a sheet of cloroplast soon to make things even easier.

Juicyjuicee,

You have one spoiled rabbit with a cage and pen like that. I have asmaller pen attached to my bunnies cage that was two nic cubes high,but recently Devon has been jumping out. So I will have to put screenover the top. Has anyone had success screening over an indoor pen?

Well these were some cool pictures! ^^

This is my bun's cage just after we put the shelf in, hadn't put thegrips on the ramp yet: (We didn't bother taking out the hangy toys andwere too lazy to completely clear out the bottom before adding it inlol)

Resized_CROP-Pets002.jpg

Though I don't know why we bothered building something with so much room, they're never locked in the thing lol :)

Though currently my new rabbits are trading places daily with keiserand cygnus.....One day one pair is stuck living in the playpen :p Thenext they've got free run of the room with the open dog crate....Thenback to the playpen :p

Hi guys,

I just finished some work on the cage today (I screened over the pen)Will it be enough to hold them in? I am concerned because Devon wasable to jump out of the pen before it was screened.

juicyjuicee wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
one ofmy christmas presents was a new cage for peapoo... she stays upstairssometimes and downstairs other times....my dad felt bad because i hadto carry her cage up and down the stairs, so he bought a cage forupstairs... heres peapoos first cage...its downstairs........ justignore the box under it...lol..one of the wheels came off and i haventfixed it yet... i hate the box in it, but she sleeps in it so i haventtaken it out yet either until i get her something else

Those cages are really small....
shes only in them at night, or when im going to be gone forawhile....most of the time the cage door is open, and she can go in andout as she pleases......surprisingly even when the doors open she likesto spend most of her time in her cage or on your lap... some peopledont have room for gigantic cages in their house.... i dont

bunnydude wrote:
Juicyjuicee,

You have one spoiled rabbit with a cage and pen like that. I have asmaller pen attached to my bunnies cage that was two nic cubes high,but recently Devon has been jumping out. So I will have to put screenover the top. Has anyone had success screening over an indoor pen?

I actually took the pen down today. It was just so big that i couldnteven walk in there, lol i'll probably end up putting it back up b/ci'll feel bad. Or i'll make it a tad smaller. Hmm i never had a problemwith Charlie jumping over the NIC's i also had it 2 cubes high.. Ithink the screen is a good idea though, what ever works!!

Latest posts

Back