Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! So I currently have two rabbits that are housed together, they are NOT locked in a cage all day, have plenty of running room within an area, with huts, toys, lots of food, hay etc.. but I am wondering on cage size. So right now I just have a standard size cage that they do not get locked in, they’re able to go in and out as they please and have two separate food bowls, hay feeders, etc.. but I am now looking at maybe getting a large cat condo so they have much more space in the cage. Would a large cat condo be ideal for them? The one rabbit loves to jump up and down off things, but the other one not so much, she more so likes to run around on the ground. Thoughts on the cat condo cage?

It would help to see a photo of this cat condo (with dimensions).

The thing to consider with cage size is how much out-of-cage time bunnies get. So if they are never locked in the cage, then it doesn't really matter the size. If they are just locked up at night, then it should be reasonably roomy. If they are getting just a couple hours out each day, then it should be roomy enough for them to zoom and binky (30 sq ft +).

Not sure if you've seen the following threads, but they may offer some ideas:
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/2020-indoor-cages-add-your-photo.96731/https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/2019-cages-add-your-photo.93422/

If they are not locked up in the cage, why are you planning to get them a larger cage? I do have small cages for my bunnies, because occasionally I have to lock them up when workers come to the house, or we are moving things around and have to take the partitions down. But since they aren't their homes, as long as the bunny can stretch out and stand up in them, they are fine. They don't need a large or expensive cage if they aren't going to be locked up.

Size is the most important factor. You have to make sure that the rabbit hutch is big enough.

Width:- It should be more than the total stretch of your rabbit.

Length:- It should be more than the distance your rabbit covers in 3 hops.

Height:- It should be taller enough for your rabbit to stand on it’s back.

I recommend you buy a hutch/cage with an x pen.

Visit here for a rabbit hutch or cage:-
Indoor Rabbit Hutch - Top Choices For 2020

Latest posts

Back