Cage/playpen recommendations

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oreo1

Reaction score
Can any one recommend a good larger indoor rabbit cage with a pen to hop around?

I don't know of any cage+pen sets that I would recommend, based on sizing. I recommend buying an x-pen and large dog crate separately in order to maximize size and quality as well.

Okay thanks. What would you suggest to put under the pen for easy cleaning?

Is there away to way connect a cage to the pen? So she can hop out during the day when I’m at work?
You can clip the xpen to the side of dog crates since those are grid walls too. So rather than linking the ends of the xpen together, you link each end to a side of the dog crate.

Here's a random site I found with a picture of the set up I describe: PTPA Playpen - Medium

You can clip the xpen to the side of dog crates since those are grid walls too. So rather than linking the ends of the xpen together, you link each end to a side of the dog crate.
Okay-thanks 🐰

@oreo1 , per @lilac and @John Wick 's suggestions, you may also want to order 2 of the sturdy MWHforPets exercise pens in black or gold zinc finish. i.e. If the delivery person is making the trip to your doorstep. They are a good investment. We have multiples and had multiple bonded pairs and fostered buns in the past years. We found the MWHforPets sturdy and convenient.

Attachments

• BarkeeNewHousingLevelsAug2008.jpg
    BarkeeNewHousingLevelsAug2008.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 8
Our Flemish Giant foster boy (plus new lionhead girl) have leapt over the ex-pen height upon initial set-up and introduction in our home. Both of these buns were strays. FG boy had a limited space in photo because of upcoming neuter and anticipated recovery time.

- Please take a rabbit's ability to jump into consideration. Hidey boxes and jump stands can facilitate their ability to do so. I am mentioning this in case you have a known leaper already!

The taller pens have step-thru entry which is helpful for humans to enter! That wasn't the case when we first acquired MWHforPets xpens years ago.

Attachments

• BarryBarkeePotterTinyEatingHayJul26_2011RS.jpg
    BarryBarkeePotterTinyEatingHayJul26_2011RS.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 3
  • JSBPHotoCRRegalRescueBoyWSuperTallXpenMar12_2013RST.jpg
    JSBPHotoCRRegalRescueBoyWSuperTallXpenMar12_2013RST.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back