Cage options

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heamic08

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted cage options for my bunny. He’s mostly free roam in my room, but when I’m gone I want to put him in his cage. It’s a 42 x 28 x 30. I ordered an xpen that should be delivered today to expand it. But I want more toys, and opinions on other things I need.

I also have a better hidey house coming! The picture is my cage currently, but as I said, I have an xpen that should be delivered today to provide more room.

the reason he can’t be free roam when I’m not home is because I have hamsters (even though they’re up high) and just want to make sure everyone is okay

Attachments

• 73CD4F89-D0E5-47BE-8AF5-3F73F6650729.jpeg
    73CD4F89-D0E5-47BE-8AF5-3F73F6650729.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 9
I also use exercise pens for my 4 bunnies. They work really nicely to latch together for more space or to fold up while cleaning.

I also like the C&C grids to create a uniquely shaped pen or condo.

I do recommend placing the litter box in a corner, unless he’s not having any accidents or anything, rabbits just typically like the litter pan in a corner ;)

As for toys, fresh apple branches from any safe, untreated apple trees are great and bunnies LOVE them. I also highly recommend IQ toys such as treat balls/boards or simply putting treats under small plastic bowls is great enrichment for your bunny. Plastic stacking cups or keys are also great options for any rabbit! Most hard plastic baby toys work great 😊

I also use exercise pens for my 4 bunnies. They work really nicely to latch together for more space or to fold up while cleaning.

I also like the C&C grids to create a uniquely shaped pen or condo.

I do recommend placing the litter box in a corner, unless he’s not having any accidents or anything, rabbits just typically like the litter pan in a corner ;)

As for toys, fresh apple branches from any safe, untreated apple trees are great and bunnies LOVE them. I also highly recommend IQ toys such as treat balls/boards or simply putting treats under small plastic bowls is great enrichment for your bunny. Plastic stacking cups or keys are also great options for any rabbit! Most hard plastic baby toys work great 😊
Thank you for the advice! I put his litterbox in the corner. I’ll have to look at the baby toys, then. I have the plastic baby cups but he’s not too sure of them yet!

My boys have to be put up when I'm not home, as well, but I've come up with this solution for Lucas:

Lucas' house.jpeg

It's three of the cages you bought, with sides taken off where applicable. I use snap rings to keep them together, and use one of the tops as a "lid" I can open to change out his box.

It's so big, he often doesn't even come out!

My boys have to be put up when I'm not home, as well, but I've come up with this solution for Lucas:

View attachment 56142

It's three of the cages you bought, with sides taken off where applicable. I use snap rings to keep them together, and use one of the tops as a "lid" I can open to change out his box.

It's so big, he often doesn't even come out!
I absolutely love it!!
I’m moving in august and will be able to put him in the living room, so I’m hoping to get him a bigger cage. May do that! Thanks for the idea!!

Latest posts

Back