Cage Cleaners....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyndsy

Reaction score
Just a quick questions about cage cleaners? What works best? I am trying to get ready for the babies comming home.

I leave for Mexico on the 20th and then on March 3rd the boys comehome, so this is my last week to get everything ready for them...

We have the cage, the carrier, the food, the litter, etc.

Any advice for last minute shopping...

Lyndsy

Hi Lyndsy!

Wire brushes work the best. Them and I love mysteamer. It's a portable (Scunci steamer) and it takes somuch work out of cleaning the cages, waterbottles, etc.

Gabby had gotten one after I had spoken to her and she was thrilled with it.

-Carolyn

P.S. Be careful of chemicalcleaners. They can cause trouble for the rabbit ifit's too strong. Keep your cleaners as organic aspossible. I stick with vinegar and baking soda. Ialso use bleach - but be sure to check out the new article in theRabbits Only Magazine about the dangers of bleach before you decidewhether to go that route or not.

Thanks Carolyn,

What's the mix ratio on the vinegar and baking soda. I don't think i'll use the bleach!

Lyndsy

P.S-You'd like it if the wedding did keep me busy wouldn't you:D

I use just a half and half of vinegar and wateron a sponge to clean the cage wire, but I pour full strength vinegar inthe litterpan to sit for a few minutes when it needs cleaned.

I have found that if I change the litterpan every 2 days, I can dump itand wipe it with a paper towel 2 times and then the third (once a week)clean it with vinegar to get any urine "stains" off.

Can't wait to see the photos of the babies at home :)

I don't measure it, Lyndsy. I just pourin the vinegar or sprinkle in baking soda and have atit.

:)

-Carolyn

I can't wait to have them home....

Thanks for the great advice

:p

Lyndsy

P.S- Nice pic Carolyn, i'll be doing some of that today!!! YUCK!

We have the inlaws staying at the house for the week we are gone, so I have to tidy up a bit.

I can't wait until they're home either!

-Carolyn

lyndsy wrote:
I can't wait to have them home....

Thanks for the great advice

:p

Lyndsy

P.S- Nice pic Carolyn, i'll be doing some of that today!!! YUCK!

We have the inlaws staying at the house for the week we are gone, so I have to tidy up a bit.

Can't wait for you bunnies to be home so I can see lots of pics!!

I used small animal cage disinfectant to clean mine, but I agree whitevinegar is just as good as anything you can buy.veryeffective.

You mean you don't like cleaning your bathroom? I love it! I must bemad! Theres nothing that gives me more pride and satisfactionthen a sparkling loo rim :D!

Vickie

lyndsy wrote:
Just a quick questions about cage cleaners? What works best?I am trying to get ready for the babies comming home.

Bleach and some Sun Bathin'! I have something else but can't think of the name right off the bat. :?

The only thing that I look forward to cleaning the bathrooms is the END!!!!!;)

I know it's going to be at least a few days before I have to tackle it again!

Sounds like vinegar and baking soda it is!!!

Any other advice?

Can someone explain to me what kind of things vingar and baking soda clean up?

I've never heard of that mix for cleaning and may want to use in thefuture. I normally just disinfect my cages with bleah andwater. ;)

Latest posts

Back