Cage biting even though he has all the room to run

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amconti13

Reaction score
Hello,
Another bunny cage rattling/biting question!

I have my bunny in a pen and I keep it open during the day so he has the option to go in and out of the pen and into the room. He has started biting at the metal bars even with all his toys, food and an entire room to run around in. I’m even in the room with him to give him attention. Does anyone have any kind of suggestion on how to get him to stop? I think he just loves biting the metal bars!

One of my girls used to do that too. Same scenario - full apartment to run around and loads of toys and other safe things to chew on, but would try to chew on the bars sometimes. I have no idea why really, it’s not like she couldn’t get out.

I ended up just getting rid of the pen completely once I realised the buns had no intention of destroying my apartment when I was asleep, but that’s not possible for everyone’s situation.

Who knows what's going on inside their heads. My girl used to chew on bars, and if the door is open she would go out of the cage and then chew them from outside🤷‍♀️ zip tied plastic sheets helped.

Latest posts

Back