Cadbury is off his rocker!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gothicangel69

Reaction score

Cadbury is totally off his rocker today! He's spooking over everything.I went to pet him a few hours ago, and he completely freaked out andstarted running into the sides to his cage, trying to get out, then hebroke open the door and started running blindly around the apartment,smashing into everything and scared out of his tree. He saw me comming,and i didn't move fast, so i dont know what his problem was. I finallycaught a hold of him and tried to calm him down, then i gently guidedhim back to his cage(i cant pick him up or he goes crazy) . I closedhis door and gave him some alone him for a while, but when i went tosee him an hour later, the same thing happened. I dont know what hisproblem is today. Its going to be crazy trying to put his ear drops intonight!!

Usually freak moments like that are noise-induced. Did any air system kick in, or a washer?

Does he have a box to hide in? They often stop panicking when they arein a small dark place, like wild rabbits darting into a burrow.

My Bub does that when he hears crows. I can usually get his attentionif I crouch down and call in a high voice. He does run into everythingthough--it's scary, I know.

Rose

I know, I thoughtBub would breaksomethingtoo, but I've found the absolute worst thing to dowas try and catch him. It's such an awful feeling, watching helplesslyas he crashes blindly into everything. You may want to try being prettylow to the ground as they react pretty strongly to standing people(like predators swooping down), even if it's not something he'dnormally be scared of.

Did he do it again after those two times? You may want to put a boxoutside of the cage for him to duck into if he's running aroundmadly. Bub's done a lot better since I learned to keep talking nomatter what, without fear in my voice, and also since I put a smallcarrier in the run that he can hide in.

The crows started up again the other day, he freaked and ran in thebox, and then ran back OUT again, right to my feet--looked at me,looked at the carrier frantically, vibrating back and forth. It wasvery strange--he was very obviously trying to get me to run and hide ina safe spot also, although how he thought I'd fit in there with him isbeyond me. Reminded me of a herding dog. I've never seen anything likeit. Rabbits, being prey animals, don't try and rescue another creaturein trouble (every bun for himself).

Were there any new smells? Did you smell different yourself? How aboutclothes? They can't see very well. It's an odd occurrence and hard tofigure out.

Good luck, keep us posted,

Rose

I have a spare pet carrier, soi guessi could put that beside his cage in case he needs it. He hasn't done itsense, so i dont know what his problem was. He still seems not quitelike himself today but i think thats because his ears are starting tobother him again.(i hope the drops are working!)

Did you do anything differently or were youholding anything in your hands? Once I went into the rabbitry(half is in my basement) with a toothbrush in my mouth because I was ina hurry. I was brushing my teeth at the same time I went inthere and man did all of them ever flip out!!! I ran out ofthere quick and they were fine. BTW, they don't seem to mindit when I go down there brushing my hair! lol

Sharon

lol, no i wasn't holding anything.My outsiderabbits freak out when anyone walks past their cage the wrong way. Wecan walk from left to right, but not right to left or they freak out.some bunnies are just crazy like that. He hasn't done it since, somaybe he was just having a bad day.

Latest posts

Back