cabbage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygrl2k3

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been around much.Roger is doing well. Does his crazy bunnny dance for carrotsin the morning. EVerytime he see's my boyfriend Tad he thinkshe is getting fed. He gives him treats andsometimes too many. The newest treat is cabbage because ofSt. Patricks day, which happens to be his bday too.

I didn't see cabbage on the safe foods, so out of fear of ill effects Ihad to steal food from a bunny. So am I right in saying nocabbage, and if so why is it bad for them? Thanks ahead oftime.

Cristy

A lot of people say cabbage is too gassy, but in my experience it isn't.

I sometimes give it to my girls, it has never caused a problem. They love it!:D

Obviously I don't give them a lot, probably too much would cause gas. So my advice? Give it in small quantities:)

Some rabbits cannot handle cabbage, but somehave no problems. It all depends on the rabbit, but since some don'thandle it well, I don't feed my girls it.

You could call it "the runs" like I do!:DI give my bunny cabbage, she LOVES it. I don't give hervery much though, she is gassy enough. :shock:

~Star~

Thanks everyone for the advice. I willlet him know only in very small amounts, and will moniter forproblems. Sometimes I have to be the mean onebecause he really trys to be too nice in feeding treats.

my last vets which were very knowleged in rabbitsaid the dark green and leafier a veg is the beter so ive broguht mybunies up on mostly cabbage, greens and a few other veggies!

so id say yes to cabbage for bunnies!

Latest posts

Back