C&c cage lid?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyliegp

Reaction score
Okay so this is my cage so far for an 18 month male mini lop I'm getting next week. Does it need to have a lid or should I buy more grids so that it's 2 high or will it be fine as it is?

image.jpg

Is it only 1 level?
100% that thing needs a lid. And Imo it should be at least 2 levels especially if youre only doing 2x3 grids. It likely wont stay sturdy with an animal on top and a lack of support on that bottom level

Here's how I've done cubes for rabbits.

voaif.jpg

aupgiasdf20.jpg

Probably should have done two high, but you can put a grid here and there (a wall, from their perspective) inside the cage for stability. I usually put at least one in the middle.

It's 2x4 grids you just can't see the other one and there's grids all along the bottom plus the 2 support boxes on each side it is very sturdy, here's a better picture

image.jpg

Yes, I would absolutely put a lid on it, don't want bunny getting any ideas about exploring.

I meant you'd need a grid or two inside the cage to hold the "ceiling" up if you did what I did and built the "lid" out of cubes. (You can see that I have two grids in the middle of the middle and bottom cage in the first picture.) However, I did notice that I didn't really need it for cages which were 2 x 3 and smaller.

One more thing, if you ever go crazy with cubes, I found it's very useful to reinforce them with 4" cable ties.

If you want to wake up every day to poo on the floor and a missing bunny, forget the top. If you want your bun to stay safely in his cage where he can't chew any dangerous wires or get into tangles behind the fridge, put a top on.

Buns can jump really high (you'd be surprised) so a top would be best. You don't really need extra levels, but they would add more space and interest for your bun. I recommend it.

If you have cats or dogs, you need a sturdier cage. However, if there are no other considerations, great cage!

Okay I bought more grids and will make the walls higher, I can always add a second level later but he's coming home tomorrow so no time for that now. Thanks for the help, will post pictures of him in it tomorrow :)

Latest posts

Back