Bye sweet Pixie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m new here. My sweet bunny Pixie passed away today. It was my fault, I accidentally ran over her with my car 😭. The vet told me that there was nothing they could do. Her death was almost instant. She has to be cremated and I’m not sure whether to ask for her ashes, it will cost triple the communal cremation. When I lost my other bunny I opted for communal as the vet costs were already high and then I felt incredibly guilty afterwards. Does keeping your pet’s ashes help with the grieving process?

I am so sorry for this, I know how awful you must feel. If you think it’s the best choice for you keep the ashes. However, if your looking for another rabbit potentially in the future you could use that money to find another one? It’s completely up to you, at the end of the day don’t worry as there is nothing you can do now, take it easy. Do you have any other rabbits? If so I would snuggle up to them as pets always make you feel better

I am so sorry for this, I know how awful you must feel. If you think it’s the best choice for you keep the ashes. However, if your looking for another rabbit potentially in the future you could use that money to find another one? It’s completely up to you, at the end of the day don’t worry as there is nothing you can do now, take it easy. Do you have any other rabbits? If so I would snuggle up to them as pets always make you feel better
Yes, I have another. His name is Chester and he was really close with Pixie. They were together 24/7. I have seen a lot of people say it’s better to get a new companion as soon as possible for a bonded rabbit so that is a priority now. He won’t let me snuggle up to him sadly. But that’s just who he is, he always preferred rabbit company over human company. I love him so much and don’t want him to be sad.

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry.
I ran over one of our puppies. Absolutely an accident but very difficult.
I'm very adamant now that I always check under/around my car before I get in it.
Hugs.

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry.
I ran over one of our puppies. Absolutely an accident but very difficult.
I'm very adamant now that I always check under/around my car before I get in it.
Hugs.
Thank you. That’s very sad, I’m so sorry about your puppy. I always check too before I open the gate. She was sitting underneath the table when I was going to my car. I was running late but forgot something in the house and went back to get it. I did not check again sadly. I don’t know why she under my car. She would always run away even if you open the car door because the engen sound was coming next. I don’t know how this happened. I lost my other bunny Mila in May but that was due to an illness. I still haven’t recovered from losing Mila and now Pixie is gone too. My heart is broken.EC740439-C2B3-41BB-9A7A-662B82005558.jpeg

Latest posts

Back