buzzing sound?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butsy

Reaction score
ok i really have two questions.

1- sometimes when i go up to butsys cage and lay down at her door she goes crazy, jumps everywheres and zooms around her cage! is that normal? is she unhappy to see me???

2-a few minutes ago she was doing that, and i could be crazy but i swear i heard her buzzing while doing that?? not loud but im sure she was .. after she calmed i put my head to hers and didnt hear a thing... is that possible ???

I don't know wether he's happy or not but when I make Bell mad she buzz's and it sounds like a bee in a closed box or something. Not very loud but a swap buzz like a grasp or hum.

I would have thought that zooming around the cage meant that she was excited to see you! If she were unhappy about it, I'd expect her to thump.

Buzzing is usually a happy sound, I think. We had a thread about it a few years ago, but I don't remember it exactly! lol.
Newt used to buzz when he was happy, usually when I was about to feed him. But I haven't heard it in a while, might just be too noisy to hear it, the buzzing is rather soft.

My girl, Maybelle, is a hummer. I swear, it's like she ate a bumble bee. (I wouldn't put it passed her, especially if the bee looked at her the wrong way :p)

Really though, 'humming' 'buzzing' and 'clicking' are happy sounds. When they circle around our feet while buzzing, we call it the 'love dance'. I'm not 100% sure what it does actually mean but I know for sure that it's a happy sound. Maybelle is a total dork when she does it. She's very persistent too. It's the first thing she does now when we let her out. :)

I got it on cam but that one sounds more like a dolphin's clicking. :?LOL. I guess it's the way the cam picks up on it or something.

My little boy Rocky does that sometimes also. He has a little attitude, and he does it because there is something going on that he doesn't like.

He does it when he can hear something or smell something. If it isn't that then I think Rocky is just being naughty.

In short, the running and jumping probably means she is happy or excited. I know that's why Rocky does it he is just playing because he always gives me kisses and cuddles straight after.

The buzzing might be a territorial thing or fear, Rocky does that as well. He was doing it at the vet the other day because he was scared and we were trying to get him to come out of his carry cage.

Rocky will thump after making the grunting/buzzing noise though so I know he doesn't like something that's going on. Maybe someone with more experience can shed some more light :)

Latest posts

Back