Buster the lionhead bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Thursday morning to everyone! First thing's first.....Can rabbits eat the flowers off bok choy? They are pretty and yellow and bok choy is good so why would the flowers be bad???

AWWW COOL WE ARE TWINKIES!!!!! Hahaha I think I am attracted to friends that are super pale because the super tan ones are meanies lol. I still feel blonde but then I look down and its like a dark curtain is surrounding my face. Yes lets compare! In the sunshine I feel like its really pretty. I haven't seen it real good in the sun. Leo told me last night that he thought my hair was black, I had to tell him that he is colorblind

Eww mine was in the awkward stage before I got it cut, I get my hair thinned everytime because my hair is super thick and scary and it eats Leo's face in the middle of the night, then he wakes up with hair in his eyes and mouth and nose and he's a big baby "EWW SHAVE YOUR HEAD KATIE!" And before, I couldn't put it in a ponytail, but I was able to and my brown hair was coming in about an inch or more in some places, it looked terrible. I am so glad its cut and colored now.
I can't wait to get my pictures done!!!!! :eek:

My hair tries to kill my husband too! I flipped my head over last night and my pony tail got him in the face and I could hear him cough to get my hair off him. hahha. It was so funny! It happens often.

I am always pale. haha. I think the last time I tanned was when I was like 17 and lived at the beach for the summer. Then after that, my skin was like 'nah, you're always going to be white like this'.
And I'm always weary of people who are too tan! I'm like 'hmm...you're skin tone is natural to that of the carrot variety and not to the human species. That is suspect.' LOL I'm like a quarter Cherokee Indian too. hahaha. I got mostly the Irish though. I'm the shortest and palest one in my WHOLE family. LOL

I finally got caught up and I'm so happy that they are finally together! I watched the binky video and was thinking they seemed to be getting along well but figured in the parts of video you didn't use for the binky video they might not get along so well. Did that make any sense? Sorry but I have hit the wall and haven't done a thing since I got home.

My natural hair color is a mixture of colors between brown and really light blond. Years ago I dyed it black, the blackest black and it kept happening that when my hair would fall over the front of my shoulder I would freak out for a moment thinking I had a large spider on me. I would also jump when I walked past a mirror and caught my reflection out of the corner of my eye thinking someone else was there.

I look at those photos and it´s hard to believe they were ever so tiny but they were all little cuddle buns then and they used to sleep really deeply.

I´ve never been blonde probably because I was so dark when I was younger and then in my 30´s, I went red and last year I tried quite dark again but now I´m sort of a darkish red brown. it´s difficult over here as the colour fades so quickly with the sun and the sea and pool water. Haven´t had my hair cut in ages as it´s just easier to keep it longer and tie it back in the summer as it´s so hot.

Think the colour really suits you Katie, you´ll get used to it in no time. I used to be so pale before I came to Spain and now I get quite tanned in the summer if I sit out regularly but am still really pale and pasty in the winter. I do think that we all look much healthier with a bit of colour. Some of the Spanish are so dark. The friend who I´m waiting for now is really dark brown in the summer and he doesn´t even try.

I've always been blonde, I still am sort of a dark blonde but still a definite blonde. I've always liked being blond I probably wont ever change the color. My natural hair color is blonde. Over here we get a lot of sun in the summer so I usually get tan in the Summer season. But in Winter I usually get a little pale. I always have kept my hair long. I wouldn't really call your hair short. I think it looks pretty good. I don't think you look pale either. I love your hair color. It really suits you.

Last edited:
My Grandmaw always tells me that somewhere down the line we are related to a Spanish princess. And my moms side is Finnish. And I have German bloodlines on the Midkiff side. And a teensy bit of Cherokee. Lol, tan people are suspicious. Lol.

Haha Denise. That's funny you thought your hair was a spider hahahaha.

So have y'all seen this "Rabbit scramble" crap?!?! This angers and sickens me...
http://www.eugeneweekly.com/20130613/news-briefs/bad-chase-bunnies-rodeo

And a nice lady wrote the event guy an email and here's the response:
https://www.facebook.com/aynne88/posts/10153338623580355

Katie, what an exotic bloodline you have.

The bunny rodeo sounds absolutely awful, I would to think of bunnies being scared out of their wits chased by kids and picked up like that woman has that bunny picked up...it remind me of Feebs by the way.

I hate seeing animal cruelty, it is so unnecessary and avoidable. People are really inhuman sometimes.

So I was doing dishes tonight and Do You Love Me came on and I started to do the twist and thought about you because we were talking about that song in another blog. haha. (that was a serious run on sentence.)

Anyway, as I was doing the twist and washing dishes I was thinking about the cleaning tips I gave you the other day and thinking about how it was going. I hope well. But then it made me think about how long its taken me to get my sh*t together! hahaha. How long I've been trying to slave over my house and how stupid it is. Then there were 2 more tips that I wanted to give you to help you save some time and save yourself years of unnecessary slaving over your house.
1. Make your bed everyday, as soon as you get out of bed! It seems so stupid when you think about it! You don't have to get all fancy with it, just adjust the pillows so they look right and pull the comforter up. Thats it. It will look SO much better than an unmade bed. And when you do it as soon as you get up, it sets the tone for a productive day because you've already crossed something off your list by taking the 3 seconds to make your bed! I'm almost 24 and I JUST started to make my bed, like a few months ago. It makes a huge difference. And then when you go into your room throughout the day or at night, you see your nicely made bed and you just feel better. haha.
2. Shine your sinks. Another thing that sounds silly, but its so not! I like to wash my dishes at night either after dinner or before bed. So when I come downstairs in the morning, there is a clean sink. There might be dishes on the counter drying, but at least they're clean. I don't have a dishwasher, so its different for me. So I make sure, that every night after I wash the dishes, I shine the sink up real nice and pretty, so when I walk in to make my coffee that mofo is sparkling! So I see my clean sink on top of my made bed and its a pretty good start to my cleaning day.
3. Drink a beer. Seriously. Not like during the day, because day drinking during the week is a problem. But like if you're doing some weekend cleaning or some night time cleaning, sit down and have a beer. Then when the beer is done, grab another one and while you're drinking that one start cleaning. Beer is a carb and it gives you energy. So when you start moving, your body starts burning those carbs and you'll have a burst of energy to get the stuff done that you need to get done. I swear, I just drank like 5 beers, got my whole house clean. Now that I've stopped moving, I'm going to pass out but while I was going I was sipping on a beer and it was great.
4. Music! Always have music. I don't do well with country music. I cook with country, but I clean with 50's and 60's. I would like to thank Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons, The Contours, The Drifters, Otis Redding, The Eagles and Creedance Clearwater Revival for helping me clean my house. (I'm sure you always have music anyway!) But those are the ones that help me get moving, because I want to dance. Then I get a beer in me and forget about it. I will do the mashed potato all over the house with a duster in my hand. LOL
Those are just things that it took me a long time to realize make a huge difference. Just those some seemingly stupid simple things, make the difference in a good productive day and a crappy unproductive(I'm mad because I didn't do it and I'm just not going to do it) kind of day.

Oh and I'm so done now! hahaha. That got a little out of hand. LOL

Last edited:
YEAH!I just want to punch that girl so hard in the face and tell her not to hold a Phoebe look-alike that way!!!!! It is unnecessary I agree. People can be so heartless.

LOL, MORGAN! THat was 4 more tips not 2! Good tips though. My favorite is the make your bed one....I think I know why I dont, first because sometimes Leo sleeps in and I am up before him, secondly because Rosco is rushing me like "MOM..I NEED TO USE THE BATHROOM. NOWWW! MOM SERIOUSLYYYYY!!!! *FLAPS EARS QUICK AND LOUD* MOMMMYYYYYY I NEED TO PEEEEE PEEEEEEE!!!!!! LETS GO! STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT TO WEAR TODAYYY!"
That is how I believe he sounds.

Bok choy flowers, ok for them to eat? Theyre pretty and yellow. :)

Oh and the exterminator is coming today to spray for bugs and crap. Inside and outside. and the people said I need to get all the animals out of the house for an hour!!! WTF! What am I supposed to do with my rabbits for an hour at 4pm when its all hot outside? :'(

Last edited:
Oh, hahaha. I went back and added two more after I put that I only had too. (sshhhh...because the beer was talking) LOL

That sucks that you have to get them all out of the house for an hour. Its hot! I know what you mean about making the bed. My cats are like circling my feet in the morning to be let outside to go potty. Now the dog stands at the stairs and whines until I walk down, I'm like JEEZ JUST CHILL OUT! I'M COMING! hahaha.
But I still manage to make it and I make them all wait! LOL

I would assume that the bok choy flowers would be okay because its part of the bok choy. Its just extra carbs probably, like they say to stay away from the actual dandelion flowers and just give the greens because its carbs. But I'm sure they would like it! I know Ellie LOVES flowers.

Ugh, those bunnies must be so scared being chased around like that. Adn that's not the way to hold a bunny. :( people can be so heartless.

I'm not sure if they can eat Bok choy flowers. But I agree with Morgan, you would think they can.

Ugh, I hate when I have to have people over like that. Especially if it means having to take my pets out for a few hours. And especially when its hot out.

Last edited:
Lol I know I'm late coming in on the hair conversation, but I'm just gonna say that I'm blond with natural highlights, I used to have *super* long hair but now I have a pixie cut, I don't think I'd ever really dye my hair but I might get like red streaks in it or something. I like your hair color Katie, it looks great! I tan pretty easy but it's probably because I live on a farm and do all that outside work lol. That link made me sad, I think I'll find that chick and punch her in the face now.

Long time no chat!
Well, the exterminator cancelled and is coming Thursday so I can prepare. :)
Oh and I gave them the bok choy flowers and they didnt even eat them! :0 oh also, I saw Buster groom Phoebe the other day, he was licking her ears and it was the sweetest!!!! <3

On causes.com there is a thing you can sign and if they get 10,000 signatures...I guess they stop the scrambles. I also sent an email to all the members of the arena FFA thing, and to the local paper and the lady emailed me back! She wanted me to call her before 3 today to talk about my "concerns" I didnt see my email til after three. I don't know what she will want to talk about??? :/

Thank you Emily. Everyone seems to like it now. It's already fading a little so I'm sad. I thought it would fade slower. I tan easily but it's more splotchy looking, like my shoulders and back tan better than my chest and shins and calves. My thighs tan better than my belly. It's weird. I need a light lotion I think.

My dad is trying to get a new puppy, for all these years he hasn't had a dog because he didnt want the responsibility bu now he is ready for a dog. And so he has been looking for a herding dog, and he has been looking at the border collie rescue and he found a mix, his name is Beau and he is a lab/border collie mix. Ommmmmmgosh he is sooo cute and sweet and smart and I wuvs him!!!! He is spending a few days with meeee! We have been training, he is 4 months old and very smart and is catching on VERY quickly. Only problem is, Poppy says he doesn't herd the goats and that is what he wants in a dog, so he said he probably will look at other dogs. :( I'm sad. Rosco and him get along great by the way. Rosco is showing him how things roll in this house. :)

image.jpg

Katie, he´s just so gorgeous, bet you´re tempted to keep him as it´s such a shame, he looks like a smart boy. Do you think he might learn to herd the goats and then they could keep him.

Buster grooming Feebs...wish I could see that. I knew he´d come round, they all do eventually and they´re usually the best groomers. Bandy took ages as well but I love seeing him groom Snowy and Houdini now as he covers them in fur lol.

What an adorable pupp! Aww, I just want to squeeze him. Too bad you can't keep him, but I was wondering the same thing as Chris do you think he might learn to herd goats?

That's sweet that Buster groomed Phoebe. So cute! They are such an adorable couple.

Okay, so I haven't been around, and I am going to try to catch up... BUT I must ask, are they still in seperate cages? Or are they now togetherrr together??

Oh my goooosh!!!!!! He's so cute! I think he could probably learn to herd pretty easy, with most border collies it's instinct. And that's so sweet about Buster and Phoebe! They're such a cute couple *sniffle*.

They're together now Danielle, they're hus-bun and bun-wife :)

Hehe I am tempted to puppy nap him! >:}

Well he's not full border collie, he's also lab. His herding instincts should kick in by 6 months and can start training at 9 and can start on livestock at one year. I am trying to convince him to give him time. He likes to herd the foster moms chickens but he doesn't do the "watching" or "crouching" he just chases lol.

He could definitely learn it if my dad got a trainer specialized in training herding dogs

Oh and he loves to just watch the rabbits. It makes me nervous. I fenced off their room but he kept watching so I put up barriers so he can't see them! Lol

Latest posts

Back