Buster the lionhead bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morgan, the binkying was so awesome. I was to compile a video of only binkies haha.
I hate those ads they're so dumb!!!!!! No it's not on shuffle. When I attempt to put it on shuffle, it never works. What's up with that? Lol.

Jenny, yeah I think they totally loved it. Think I should keep putting banana on her?
I can't think of anything that I could use other than a cardboard box

And bunny007, thank you! I see you're new! Welcome!

Katie, a cardboard box should be fine, I would think! That date went really well! I wish my buns would stop humping haha!! I loved the binkies!!! I can't stand when bunnies binky!! It's soooo adorable! xoxo Can't wait to hear about the next date !!

That´s a great video and a really good date. No real aggression, Buster did some grooming albeit very short but he did it and they both binkied and seem quite happy. I think that progress is being made and they do really like each other. I felt so good after watching it.

So Buster just bit me on my butt. I am wearing sweatpants too so it really hurt. I am mad at him. And Phoebe decided she likes celery now. And she loves to receive veggies. She eats her faster than Buster and I am giving them the same portion. Lol.

I felt that date went really well too. I am hoping to get a date in today :)
I'm so glad he groomed her. :}

I only have one bun so have no real experience but maybe the rough grooming was because her head smells like banana? It almost looked like biting but the kind you see when they are eating.

Phoebe sure was having a blast :) She seems very relaxed and much less concerned about the whole getting Buster to groom her thing, which I think is good. Eventually it's something they will have to sort out, but right now it seems much better that they are both having fun playing around one another. Helps to build up that positive association with being around the other rabbit.

I think this is the first time I've seen Phoebe groom herself on one of these dates. Ohhh, cute, she even flopped down. Now we just need Buster to flop down next to her :) I wouldn't worry too much about him not wanting to groom her yet when she lowers her head. I think that it's good that at least half the time he isn't trying to nip her when she does it. In the middle there it looked like he was nipping her butt cause he wanted her to come play again. He looked a little bored without her hopping around with him, so that is good that he missed her playing with him. Then that nibbling on her head, it's like he was doing the grooming nibbles, and she didn't seem to mind a bit. Hopefully he doesn't chew too much of her fur off, haha. But grooming nibbles, that's good too, so he's getting there, slowly but surely. And she doesn't seem to mind much about his little nips, since she's binkying right after. I think their relationship is coming along quite nicely. And not doing the banana worked out fine too. He didn't seem to be upset that he didn't find banana on her, and I'm sure it's starting to get her head a little messy. So I think you're fine without the banana if you don't want to use it anymore.

Jenny, I agree, they seem to be happier together and there was quite a bit of binkying in there which is good. When he groomed her head it looks like Snowy sometimes grooms Bandy where he´s really cleaning the head and eyes and seems to be biting but he´s cleaning. Some of the nipping is chasing nipping when they´re playing, mine do that all the time. I thought it was a really good date, lots of positive and very little negative. They are so darn cute together.

YAY!!! I think they're so gorgeous together & I am so happy to see them so happy!!! Especially together! you give me soooo much hope! YAYY!! Did I say YAYY yet??

That is so great that Buster groomed her. I'm sure the two will bond pretty well. They look so handsome together.

That's funny that Phoebe eats her veggies faster than Buster. I'm sorry Buster bit you in the bum, they can really hurt you with their teeth sometimes. That's great that Phoebe likes celery now. Ash loves celery. Its one of his favorite veggies.

Last edited:
So I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! :] I took my mom to this "painting with a twist" place. It was cool. We painted a cool picture. I felt just like Bob Ross. "Lets put a happy little flower over here, ok let's give it a happy little friend next to it" LOL!
Today I will have another bun date, last night I was going to date them but I had to drive out to Timbuktu and drop off Leo's little sister. I let Phoebe outside today in the morning...it was nice. She did a bunny 500 in the tiny xpen haha. And one binky too! Buster has decided to thump at me ALL THE TIME NOW!!!!!! He's so mean!
This weekend is the big one. I am going up to Rockwall for the LAST time. My biiiig test! :| so I have been training Rosco like crazy and he's getting tired of it lol. So I have to give him lots of frequent breaks. Maybe we will go to the lake later for fun :)
Anyways thought I would give y'all an update!

Sounds like you had a great time painting with your mom. It´s really weird cos it´s not mother´s day in the UK until June so you´re earlier than we are.

Buster is such a little stinker for biting you on the bum but it's funny as well, sometimes they really hurt, I remember when Houdini bit me on the chin and drew blood.

Can´t wait for the next date, I just love seeing them together and I just love Buster, he does so remind me of my Bandy so I´m really rooting for him to give in.

Wow I didn't know that Mothers day was different for other places. It left a mark on my butt lol... if he drew blood I would had to go outside and yell at the world to blow off some steam. I would have been soooo upset.
Buster was a terd, and thumped at me allll day. I don't know what his deal is. -_- grrr. It should be uploaded by tomorrow

Have you changed anything in Buster's cage? Are you switching cages or litter boxes? Maybe that's upset him. Or maybe he's actually decided he likes Phoebe and wants to be with her now :)

I love Bob Ross. I can remember watching him as a teen. You can buy copies of his show. I think I will do that when the kids are older and hopefully I will have time to do some of the things I would enjoy.

It can be so hard figuring the buns out at times. Have you used a different shampoo? Wearing a different perfume? A different laundry soap? It may just be some little change that is making him thump at you.

Ellie thumps at me, its not always because she's unhappy. She was thumping at my hub yesterday because I think she wanted his attention to be picked up. Since he's the only one who can pick her up. Then when he left the kitchen, she stopped thumping. It was a little sad.
I hate when Ellie nips me, it hurts! She always gets my back or my butt, with those little teeth!

Jenny, I switch them every day so they get each others cage, litter box, toys. He's just being a brat. So last night when I fed him he ran into his box and thumped at me like 5 times for reaching down to put his bowl down and so I grabbed him up and held him like a baby and sat on the couch with him for about 10 minutes. I learned that if you lean him back his head droops back and you can see his teethies! Now I don't know if that was a good punishment or not but he deserved it for being such a toot.

Denise, I watched him all the time on PBS, he's so soothing. I have never oil painted but I LOVE the smell. I used to live right next to my Nana, in a little one bedroom room next to her antique shop. On certain days she would have painting class and those were my favorites! The ladies were all very nice and were soooo amazing at painting, one of the ladies Katy Breeden, painted a picture of me and it is sooo accurate. It looks EXACTLY like the picture. And the smell would linger in the shop all day. I loved it!
But nope, not using anything different. I always use the same shampoo/conditioner, same Gain, no perfumes, same clothes every day: jeans and tshirt or spaghetti strap and flip flops or boots. Maybe it the whole "ok let's get in your carrier to go upstairs and have your date!" Thing.... Perhaps? Well, hopefully it will be over soon.

Awww poor lil Elvira! That's sweet she loves your hubby hehe. I think it's because he's mad or scared bc after he thumps he will run away and thump again and like in the recent video, you can see his heartbeat is fast, breathing heavy, nose wiggling 100mph.
But when I used to hear him thump back when Phoebe wasnt around, it was just him in his room doing nothing so I figured it was for attention or maybe he heard a weird noise outside. :/

Katie, yes mother´s day in England is in March and in Spain it was two weeks ago. Same with father´s day, in Spain it´s in March and in England, it´s in June.

Mine sometimes thump for no reason and Houdini is grump sometimes when I put his food in, I have to be careful cos he´s quick and sometimes he´ll nip if he´s not happy. But Buster biting you in the butt is quite funny, sorry but it is. :bunnybutt:

Latest posts

Back