Buster the lionhead bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the video from that night.
[ame]http://youtu.be/pLB6vU7jF9k[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Well, lots more positive for me than negative having seen my boys in the same situation. There was a lot of time where they seemed happy together and comfortable. What is behind the curtain, the two of them seem fascinated by that lol, I am curious as well. Although they did fight a couple of times, it was only a short period and you obviously split them up so I can see that this will probably be resolved by patience and bunny dates and mine used to sort of face off as well and it seems like Feebs is the dominant one and more nippy than Buster who seems more curious of her. These two obviously love each other to bits but are going through a rough patch and need a bit of counselling. I am sure that we will see them happily together again.

Thank you for your insight. On the other side of the window you mean? Our friend Richard was outside and I wouldn't let him in but after trying to open the window didn't work, I just let him in. Lol.

OMG breaking news! Bunnies were being bad and sliding their x-pens close to each other so they could fight and claw and bite each other so I decided they needed a break and it is not extremely hot outside at the moment so I let them out. First I crated them one by one, got the x-pen set up, put one crate in the x pen and the other on the outside so they can be close to each other. I let buster out first because he was being the best behaved today. Then 15 minutes late its Phoebes turn. She is having the freaking time of her life, playing alone, digging, eating stuff and apparently popping some stinky poops so I look at one and see ************* worms in the poop!!!! :O I have no idea what to do so I took a picture and will have to google types of worms in rabbits!!!!!!!!
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1378513718.319930.jpg
I wonder if her having worms can contribute to them not getting along!!!! :0 worms freak me out and I totally feel evil and want her to stay outside hahahahahahha. But I won't do that. Just a sudden urge I get haha!!!

They're pinworms. I guess if she has enough of an infestation and it is affecting her digestion, then it could make her feel unwell and grumpy. Wouldn't hurt to worm her. You may just want to call up your vet and ask if you can pick something up for it. You do have to treat a few times to get rid of them. You'll probably want to treat both of them.

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Parasitic_diseases/Pass/Pass_en.htm

Last edited:
I wonder if her not feeling well has something to do with what is going on? That would explain some things though.

I couldn't watch all the video but I wanted to say that its creepy looking because of the color. haha. It looks like one of those "found footage" type deals and the camera kept falling. LOL They're so cute though, I just really want them to be back together.

Thank you. that link was helpful. The vet thing may be difficult. My "rabbit" vet is not an actual rabbit vet, just does spay/neuters. Is there something I can get from TSC?

Lol Morgan. Yeah the camera pissed me the heck off. And I'm sorry it's not brighter and looks creepy hahahah! I agree it does.
I want them back together too. :(

Panacur(febendazole) can be used to treat pinworms, but it usually only comes in a paste at feed stores, and the horse paste is too difficult to get an accurate dosage from. There is Safeguard goat wormer that's a liquid. Piperazine can also be used. It is usually sold for poultry, or even at walmart as a cat wormer. You have to be careful about giving the correct dosage.

It would still probably be easiest if you could just call up your vet and see if they'll let you pick some up, then the correct dosage would be measured out for you.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Yuk, never seen anything like that before, it would gross me out totally. It may be that´s she´s not been feeling so good and it´s affected her behaviour. Hope you get the right stuff for her and they clear up soon.

Vet sucked. Went to feed store. Got Safeguard after searching the whole place and asking the girl to help me too. So I gave them each approximately .25 CC, they hated it but got a raisin afterwards so they didn't feel the need to thump at me!!!! LOL! Should I continue for 5 days or do this once a week? I have been getting different suggestions.

The link I shared with you says for fenbendazole, to give 20mg/kg, then repeat in 10-14 days. But I did read somewhere else to do it once a day for 5 days, but I think the giving once then repeating in 10-14 days is the more accurate treatment. Are you still seeing the worms or did the treatment work?

Haven't seen any yet. I saw a fresh Buster poo but it was clean :) haven't seen a fresh Phoebe poo but I have been on the lookout

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1379957015.425235.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1379957030.786319.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1379957047.026441.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1379957063.859671.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1379957121.436233.jpg
Lol, thought I would share Phoebe's Bunstruction she worked on all night. I have NO idea how she squeezes her fat butt through that hole but she does. And yes I know I know it's "bad" cardboard, but with them being in the x pens she gets real antsy and needs more exercise, also, their big bale ran out and the new one doesn't get here til tomorrow so I bought them Walmart brand and they HATE it! They'll eat it but not like they should. So I gave her that box to make her happy and it truly has :)

Go for it Feebs, she looks as though she really had a good time, she has such a cutie face. How are they getting along now ???

Go for it Feebs, she looks as though she really had a good time, she has such a cutie face. How are they getting along now ???

Lol. She does, I think it's kids funny when she gets nervous, she makes herself like a little ball an she somehow makes her face look really really fat. I need to get a picture of that one day because it's pretty funny. She recently started clicker training and she loves it of course. She's very intelligent. They still aren't getting along. It is getting kinda hopeless. :/

Katie, I tell you I laugh at mine every day with something they do. Houdini was racing in and out of their enclosure this afternoon, probably cos he´s been shut up nearly all day. He kept skidding when turning but still did it, I was howling.

She has such a cutie face, it´s amazing what they can get their butts into lol.

Sorry to see they´re still haven´t settled their differences but don´t give up, I´m sure it will happen, just not sure how soon :nerves1:tantrum:

Latest posts

Back