Buster and Tucker's pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely have to get some of the toys you have for yours for mine.

What a Mansion they live in! They live better than most people.

-Carolyn

I do have to admit they are pretty spoiled monkeys!

I got them from an online company, I think they were called rabbitoys.com, not too sure, but the little crazies just adore them! I will definitely be buying more in the very near future! They eat them up so darn quick! LOL

The cage, well, that was mostly my husband, I told him what size I wanted and helped him put the cubes together, but he built the ramps,and the hidey holes for me! What a sweetie eh? We were actually discussing the fact we may need another cage soon last night... He wasn't too impressed, needless to say! LMBO!

But the monkeys do indeed love the ramps, it took them a little getting used to, and a lot of people told me that rabbits don't or like levels!:?But the boys sure proved them wrong!

:)

You did a wonderful job on the condo.It looks like you've made a hundred of them - very professional! Mine is the same size, but doesn't look near as nice! I may re-do it. I used two grids linked together for each ramp. I need to find something better. They take up too much space. I also used grids to make "interior walls" on the second and third floor because I was worried aboutmy clumsy girlsfalling off, but I'll bet they would like hopping up and down. Do Buster and Tucker hop down sometimes instead of using the ramps?

Those boys are absolutely adorable. I LOVE looking at your pictures.

Laura

Do Buster and Tucker ever hop down without using the ramps?

OH DO THEY EVER!

They do it to give me a freak'n heart attack! I thought about putting up the walls inside too, but it just closed it in too much and I found it too hard to get in it and clean. So we also made one of the pieces of the roof able to lift up as well so I could get in there with a vacuum! It makes cleaning a very easy job! The ramps we built are just made of wood, and I attached some indoor outdoor carpet to them with two way tape, for slipping purposes. The ramps my husband drilled holes in the top of them and we attached them to the cage with 'zipties' so I could lift the up as well! The whole thing took us an 8 hour day,that's with two people of course...

As for the pics, it helps to take such great pics, if you have great monkeys to model for you! LMBO

I do use a digital camera, an older one, for my bday I would like a nice new one. One you can really focus in on something, and feel it through the picture. I love taking pics of animals, flowers, well, nature really...

Ha ha. I'll have to try taking out the walls and see what happens. I tried taking out the ramps, hoping they would hop up, but they wouldn't. I must have lazy girls! They looked at me like I was crazy!

I have a problem cleaning the back of the bottom floor (I put coroplast inside the frame, with the sides folded up for a guard). I have to put my whole upper body inside the door to reach the back and then my face is WAY too close to the bottom while I'm cleaning. I have to put my hair up to keep it from getting dirty! I think I need a door in the back.

Laura

They most certainly are livin' the good life aren't they? Little monkeys...

Anyways, I was at Walmart tonight, and as you are all aware of, they have their Easter stuff out!

Well my dog, Daytona, gets an Easter stuffy for Easter. He likes the BIG duckies... He uses 'her' to take out his sexual frustrations...:shock:

So while I was trying to find this 'duckie' I came across, my Buster and Tucker. In stuffy form... They were sitting on the shelf, side by side, all cute and fluffy like. I couldn't resist! So I bought them!;)I had to!

The stuffies were a HUGE hit in the 'monkey room' (this is what i'm calling their room now) They push, and pull them, groom them, and they even snuggled! People, I will have 'the' cutest pics tomorrow!

I bought an Easter basket, and i'm gonna try that too! So I hope that in the next few days I can get a nice picture of the monkeys in the basket, or with the stuffies! I'll take either one! LMBO

I'd like it for Peter's (my husband) grandparents. They moved away a few years ago to British Columbia, and "we"(I) send them a card every couple months to keep in touch. "We" write a nice little letter, and some pics for them. So "we've" been telling them all about the monkeys and they've been dying to see some pics... What better time of year...

I simply adore the pictures of the boys sleeping. It don't get much cuter than that. And their home...Wow.

Those are two boys living the high life. Daytona is such a good brother. All too cute for words. Can't wait for more pictures.

Tina

I have a question for anyone who can answer...

When I took the monkeys to the vet the other day, EVERYONE, the tech.,the vet(s), a rabbit breeder that was just there getting one of her rabbits checked out, all said that for 10 week old Hollands, they are too big to be Hollands..., the breeder and my vet said that Tucker in particular was probably just lacking the dwarf gene... Buster also seemed a bit big, but not as big as Tucker... Tucker weighs about 980grams... where as Buster only weighs, 720 something grams... :shock:( I can't remember exactly )

So, their papers say that they are Holland Lops, and both their parents, are Holland lops, are my boys just a bit big?:?

Well I took some pics with the Easter basket and some eggs...

I will have to post them later as I put them on my memory card in the camera with my vacation pics, and I have to take it in to get developed.Otherwise I will have doubles saved on my computer, so in a couple of hours i'll post them, they are soo precious...

MONKEYS, I tell you!

lyndsy wrote:
I'd like it for Peter's (my husband) grandparents. They moved away a few years ago to British Columbia, and "we"(I) send them a card every couple months to keep in touch. "We" write a nice little letter, and some pics for them. So "we've" been telling them all about the monkeys and they've been dying to see some pics... What better time of year...

Your stories are so great, Lyndsy! I truly love coming here. That's the coolest thing to send the pictures to Peter's grandparents. They're going to just adore them as much as you, Peter and all of us do.

The Monkey Room Somebody who doesn't know you will really think you have two monkeys.That's so cute!!

Already can't wait to see the pictures. I can just picture them jumping all over their toys, and Daytona on a duck?:shock: Oh My! If another dog was to see that, his dignity would go right out the door.

-Carolyn

Carolyn, I want a sign for the door that says,'monkey room, enter at own risk' and then have their pics on it...LMBO! A lot of confusion would follow I think...

Anyway, the pics have to wait until tomorrow now, the people at walmart didn't print all my pics, so now I have to go back tomorrow and reprint some of them, UGH! :X

BUT,

I will post their pics tomorrow! and let me tell you some of them are pretty darn cute! And Daytona killed his duck today:XDo you know how hard it is to find 'big' stuffies like that, but it can't be just 'any' stuffie it HAS to be in duck form...:?I have some pretty mixed up, spoiled boys over here! My monkey's think Daytona is their mother... and my dog is in love with DUCKS!

Oh, somebody HELP ME!

Thanks Lanna,

That helps a lot. So, they are Hollands, just big ones? How big do you think they'll be when full grown, 5-7 lbs? Smaller, bigger... I'm just curious, they were always quite big I thought, although to me they still look like babies.

Monkey Room...enter at own risk!

So the Duck is no more, ey? Daytonnnnaaa!! What did you do??

No worries on getting the pictures in a rush. Tina and I were talkingabout your babies last night andyou've got her thinking they look like little monkeys. We so enjoy your personality and Buster, Tucker, and Daytona.

-Carolyn

I get such a kick out of the way you describe things. Monkey Room Enter At Your Own Risk. I love it. Yes they do remind me a bit of monkeys. Sorry Hun but they do and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. I saw these baby Tamarins once, Golden Lion I think they were called.Your boys are totally precious. Give them a little kiss from me.

Tina

GOD, no - definitely not in a bad way.Those big beautiful dark eyes will do it and I can just picture themjumping around like monkeys.

-Carolyn

They look and ACT like little monkeys I agree! LMBO:D

I definitely need one of those signs! This morning I come in the monkey room, and these two nuts, have a towel on their ground level so as to stop them from slipping and sliding. Anyway the new thing is to go around to EVERY corner and 'dig' it up, until it's a huge mass of towel in the middle of the cage, and then we sleep on it! :?

MONKEYS!:shock:

So I think I need some MORE challenging toys?!? I think i'm going to get them a little container to dig in, shred up some news paper for them and let them dig it. I have to be careful of what I give them because of little Tuckers ear. It's a little stub, and the ear cavity,(a couple of wholes) is exposed. So my vet advised me to use something like paper, so it won't get stuck in his ear and cause problems...:)

If you can believe it I think they're actually bored!:(I let them out about 3-4 times a day, and each time is about an hour! So maybe they're just mad? Who knows, but I definitely think the monkeys need some challenge to their lives!

Any suggestions?:?

Thanks,

Lyndsy, and 'the monkeys'

LMBO!:D

Latest posts

Back