Buster and Tucker's pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is a good ideal to get them both done at the same time. That way, you won't haveto reintroduce them to each other and they can stay bonded. I got both my cats done at the same time, and they did just fine.

Let us know how the "monkeys"do.

hOh! I forgot to mention...

WE TRIED VEGGIES!

The romaine lettuce was a bust! Buster kinda warmed up to the idea, Mr.Tuckerpants however... DID NOT!

So, today we tried broccoli, (sp?) and they both ignored the idea of trying something "new" (gosh, you'd think they were a couple of old monkeys, set in their ways...) Buster again, was the first one to try it, and loved it, and then I caught Tucker sneaking some later today... MONKEYS! LMBO:D

So, I think I found something they can have for a few days... I'll send some pics in a minute!

2bqflf

Here's my Buster boy kind of enjoying some romaine lettuce...

That's FUNNY!

He just enjoys hanging out in there, I put it on the floor to clean it out, and he thinks he's going to visit his friend Apollo, and all his friends in Tucker town! LMBO :D

Little monkeys!

VERY Smart Bunny Mom for getting them used to the travel cage and comfortable!

The Monkeys have an Open Door Invitation to Tucker Town anytime they're nearby. :)

We'd be honored and I'm sure The Mayor (Tucker) would give them a key to the Town.

-Carolyn

P.S. If you come to the Boathouse Party, you'll meet Apollo and three Flemish Babies: Atlas, Adara, and Damara. AND Sebastian and Buck Jones and the Missus, and more.

So how old are they now? It doesn't seem like they are that old....I didn't expect them to be ready for their neuter already....

I'm glad they aren't fighting and that they get to go in together. When I saw the photos of Mocha and Spice the other day, from when they were little, I was thinking about how great it would have been if they would have stayed bonded. I hope the monkeys stay bonded. I certainly think having them fixed early andtogether will help.;)

Raspberry

WELL ALL OF MY HOPES AND DREAMS CAME TUMBLING DOWN TODAY!

The monkeys began to fight...:(

I am sooooo VERY sad today. This morning I noticed fur in their cage, and so I let them out so I could tidy it up. Well, I turned around and they were chasing each other around the room. They always do that, so I let them be. I continued to tidy up, when all of a sudden Buster started THUMPING his foot, and as I turned to see what was the matter, they both let out this awful awful shrill, shriek. As I got closer to them they each had each other by the bottom, ripping out fur left, right, and center! I clapped my hands and they each went their separate ways. Tucker to the house, and Buster to my feet...

My husband and I are frantically trying to build Buster a new addition to the old cage. (above Tuckers)

OH, i'm soooo sad, I really thought they'd be together forever...

:(It's a VERY sad day in Monkeyville...

Maybe it was an isolated incident. Just watch them carefully. Is there any way you could house them side-by-side so they can still communicate and touch noses?

Maybe the neutering will help.

Laura

I don't know that, that would be a good idea...

After witnessing the fight I just witnessed, I'm a little afraid of one or both getting seriously hurt...

I still have to come in and out of this room, I can hear them fighting through the cage...:(

Oh no...I'm so sorry. :( I know this has to just break your heart. I know you want them to be together. Don't give up entirely. Carolyn and I were just on the phone trying to think of what bonded pairs are males.....I know that Stephanie's Valuran and Chompers are both male. I can't remember if Peanut and Rex are both male. I know it can be done, but it may take lots of time and work. Hugs to you today.

Raspberry

Thanks everyone...:)

I'm thinking I might try to let them out together somewhere else, other than their room, but not today...:(I've seen, and heard enough for one day. That awful shrill noise just ran right through me,and all I could think was OH NO!:shock:

I know it happens most of the time, when you've got 2 bucks... I just thought they were different, they couldn't be separated yesterday, and today, this...:?

I went out and bought everything for a new cage, and the new bowls, the new hayrack, some new toys, and litterbox. My husband went out earlier and got some more NIC's to build an addition, we've decided to put Buster on top... Tucker's the bigger boy, so we let him have the old cage, the new one is going to be one level smaller...

I also called the vet to cancel one of the monkeys neuters... So it's Tucker who's going first, Buster will go a week or two after. I think it'll save me some headache, i'll only have to deal with one monkey down at a time... She also suggested waiting to try and bond them after they get neutered. (a while after)

So I guess not all hope is lost...:)

Lyndsy, and 'the monkeys'

Aww Sweetie, sounds like you've had it rough. Wow, I'm sick a few days and miss a lot. Like a wholebunch of new pictures. The Monkeys are adorable as always. They are getting bigger and cuter by the day.

You and the Monkeys are welcome here any time. We would love to have you and your troop here. Apollo said he'll even share dandelions :shock:He never shares those.

I almost cried when I read that they had a bit of a fight. How very very sad. But I am going to think happy thoughts. All is not lost and hopefully they will be together again. They say bonding two males takes more time and patience and work. Well I know of no one better qualified than you. :D

The pictures are awesome as always. There just never seems tobe enough;)Hugs to all Monkeyville Residents. I'm here for you Sweetie.

Tina

2cij9z

This is 'Bust a moves' new home...

We tried it out, on top of Tuckers cage, but I didn't like it up there! (neither did Buster...) That and the vet said that if we keep the cages side by side, they'll be able to see each other, which will help with trying to rebond later...:)

It's 1 level smaller than Tuckers, but with the amount of time it took,plus everything else we had to do yesterday, (we were to 2 am building this) it was tough... So we thought, Tucker is MUCH bigger than Buster, so we'll give him the bigger house, makes sense!

So, i'll attach some more pics of it. He seems to enjoy it?!?!:?

I didn't realize Daytonas head was in the picture, oops!LMBO!:p

Latest posts

Back