BunTastic!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torchster wrote:
Christmas came early for my babies!!! I got my shipment from the Busy Bunny.

Here are some pics.

I put a new chew ball in Berts dinner ball on top of his pellets...I don't think that he was thrilled.
IMG_0108.jpg
Ha! I love this one. GREAT pics. So fun! I love seeing bunnies discover new toys with varying levels of approval! ;p

Well, I got caught a little unprepared. My bunnies will probably run out of greens before I can get to the store again. I have enough hay and pellets for my babies, but they might have to go a day or two with out greens. My car sure is not going anywhere!

Just all the snow won't let me get the car out. No big deal to me. The went a day without greens, they just got some pellets instead. One day shouldn't be any big deal. They got some this morning. They seemed just fine.

Although Petunia doesn't want to come out of the room (they have their own room) much lately. I think that it is because dad is here visiting. I think that he is 1/2 deaf. I know that when I come home from work it seems he has the TV loud enough for people in the next state over to hear it. I think that Petunia (who isn't all that outgoing to begin with) doesn't like all the loud noise. She passes the treat test and I've seen her drink and eat hay, so I think she is just scared of all the noise.

Well, we all survived Christmas...dad is only here a few more days, Thank God. 3 weeks is just too long, way too long. He drives me nuts with the buns. The buns and I just have a way of doing things, and he really doesn't seem to care. He doesn't understand the idea bunny proofing and lets the buns out with doors wide open to rooms that they can't go into (no matter how many times I've told him to always close the doors). God knows how many treats he has given them...UGH. Just leave them alone.

Found a new supplier for hay. I decided to get some bailed hay that this bunny person had (it's not just some farmer but a person who has several buns and just sells hay on the side). It appears to be Orchard Grass. My Buns don't appear to be big fans. I've been mixing it with the left over Oxbow stuff I have. They have been going out of thier way just to eat the oxbow stuff. May have to go back to oxbow. I just wish I could get some second cut or something like that. Shipping just won't happen...I'm never home when UPS comes around, that and the cost. Oxbow isn't the worst stuff, just too stems that my buns pick out and leave everywhere.

May be getting a third bun. Don't know yet. Have to get my buns checked out first. Want my vet to have a good look at their teeth to make sure Bert is doing ok and Petunia doesn't have any issues.

Happy Holidays all!

Oh - and that 'boot' you see in the pictures...well all that was left this morning was the sole of that boot. The star is missing a few points. That giant ball...vanished. Don't konw where the candy cane went at the moment. The faux carrot has escaped largely undamaged, strangely enough.

My buns seemed to have a good new years. I was home alot so they got plenty of run time. I will probably have to re-do their cage some, the have done a pretty good job on some of the boxes. They have vet check for the 16th to make sure they are doing OK.
Petunia still isn't too warm to me. I've been trying to handle her once a day to see if she will tolerate that better. I just pick her up, walk around for about a minute with her. Then I sit down on the couch and let her jump from my lap on her own accord. She always head for the corner under the table. She will come back for treats (she always gets a treat for being picked up)...but she still seems pretty skiddish. I guess this is as far as we will get. Ah well, I still love my baby girl.
Bert, well, is Bert. Enough said.

Well, I'm still on the path to making it a trio. I don't know if I will actually get all the way to the end of the path, but I am on the path none the less. I'm taking my buns to get their semi annual check up on the 16th and if everyone is happy and healthy, I will go from there.

The agency I am working with seems like a bunch of nice folks. The only thing that gives me pause is their selection of buns. Boy, does that sound terrible! What a good adopter I am!?! Anyway, mostly what they have are dutch and what they call 'American's'. Its a rescue, these are all mixed breeds so it is difficult to tell what they are really. I would like to get a lop. Who knows really, its more about who will put up with Bert da Boss, than what I want anyway.

Well....when searching for buns I've been reluctant to take on certain breeds. I'm a lop person myself.

Before I got 'the brat', I thought he was *so* ugly. But he was causing trouble in his cage and my husband was like, 'we'll take that one'. And he was a lot of fun.

Then, back in September I was looking for a bunny to heal my heart and be a friend to Finley. I was encouraged to consider Behr. And again, I thought he was *so* ugly...but I heard his stories and was convinced that dutches are great bunnies. So I went for it...and man, this boy is a handful. He makes me laugh all of the time.

So all of that to say that sometimes breeds will surprise you.

But another disclaimer...Neither Finley or J.Behr are lops. And I'm a lop person. So it didn't feel like my family was 'whole'...as a result, when I heard about Zayne (my new lop bun) I felt compelled to get her.

So really, there are two lessons....all bunnies are great, and you can end up with more than originally planned. ;)

We will see what happens. I'm not even sure if I will get a third bun at the moment. I don't really have space for anymore than that. My buns do get a room. 1/2 room for supplies and 1/2 room for buns. But I don't want to have to separate buns into cages. I just like the setup I have...

Well kinda. I am thinking about do some slight modification to the bun room. I wish I could find it again, I saw something that someone did with a book shelf. It had ramps from one shelf to the next (so the bunnies could go up and down), and they had put nic panels up and hinged them so humans could get to any floor they needed too.

I'll have to look into this more. I have concerns about getting any kind of treated wood, paint or otherwise, because I don't want my kids snacking on varnish.

Well I turned in the adoption form, but I didn't fill in which bun I was interested in getting. I didn't do that for two reasons, 1) none of the buns currently on their website interested me (they mostly have Dutch buns) and 2) I think this decision is really up to Bert and Petunia. So we shall see.

That sounds like a good plan. Dutchies aren't for everyone. I didn't like the looks of them until I got Behr. Now I think he's really cute....and he's got a lot of energy!

Latest posts

Back