Buns and cats...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisfliss

Reaction score
Does anybody have a cat who lives alongside their bun?

My housemate wants to foster a sphynx cat who has been living alongside a house bunny but obviously we're unsure of how it'll work with Alfy.

She's a very friendly bun, even in her current moody teenager phase but obviously we don't want any fights!

What's the best way to go about it? Introduce them slowly like you would when bonding two rabbits? And remove if they really don't get along?

I have a cat. The cat and the bunny are pretty good together, but I always supervise them because our cat wants to play a little rough with the bunny. He'll swat at him and sometimes nip in a playfull way, but in a way that is too rough for the bunny.

Introduce them slowly and keep an eye on them until you can really trust the cat.

My rabbits and cats get along in a way when they're inside the house, but the cat will pounce on the rabbit when they are outside. Usually, my rabbit scares away the cat when inside, though. I have seen the cat lick the bunny in a nice way, so I am hoping that someday they will be better friends.

Latest posts

Back