bunny's tummy growling when drinking water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Ever since this morning, Rory has been making weird noises when he drinks from his water bowl. I'll be doing something else in the room, look over and sure enough, he's drinking. It sounds like the loud noises your stomach sometimes makes. He's acting fine and is eating and pooping normally, and drinking a normal amount. If it means anything, he's also *just* starting to shed again, but he's not losing much hair yet. Does anyone know what this is? Thanks!

My buns make a sound from their tummies when they drink too.... so I'm hoping that's not a problem since they've always been doing it. :) Maybe since you've only noticed it... but still, I don't think it's a big deal, so no stressing.

My Tinklebunny's tummy does the same thing. I was concerned at first, but have gotten used to it. It doesn't seem to be a health issue. Maybe it has to do with how they digest their food.

~Star~

Thanks for your input! I'm worried though because I didn't usually hear him drinking until yesterday, and now I hear him whenever he drinks. It's pretty loud, loud enough that I can be on the other side of the room and hear it clearly. I think a better way to describe the sound he makes is that it sounds like a person who's gulping water very quickly because they're really thirsty. He has clean water available at all times so he isn't making the sounds because he's thirsty or anything.

Amber and Devon make those same noises, and Amber's are pretty loud:D. I'm guessing it must relate to swallowing/gulping the water. Somebody more knowledgeable might be able to give you a better reason.

I remeber when I used to believe that rabbits were "silent" creatures:biggrin2:.

Just curious, is your buns water in a water bottle or crock?

Both of my boys used to do it too, they were drinking out of a water bottle, until one day when I got to thinking, hmmm, I wonder if they are getting to much air in that bottle, so I switched them to crocks. I hardly hear either one anymore.

Latest posts

Back