Bunny's poop has turned bright green!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monterey Bunny

Reaction score
We are new owners - found a bunny in a box by the side of the road. He has been shy but fine but all of a sudden his feces turned bright green and round. Do we need to take him to the veterinarian? I am so worried - please help.

Attachments

• Benny.jpg
    Benny.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 23
How did the poop look before, and what are you feeding? Round, firm bunny berrys are as they should be, the colour can be from what he eats.

If he eats and acts normally I don't think there's a real problem, at least I haven't heard of poop colour indicating one, but bright green is new to me too...

We are new owners - found a bunny in a box by the side of the road. He has been shy but fine but all of a sudden his feces turned bright green and round. Do we need to take him to the veterinarian? I am so worried - please help.
dear m.bunny,-thank you for taking in this disguarded bun,-however-the bun has health concerns,- an exam from a exotic-dvm is best asap,--guess work is where we are at now,.sincerely james waller

Rabbit fecal poop should be round and crush easily when fresh. Color can range from dark to light brownish green. I've never seen bright green so not sure what that could indicate. Bright green could have to do with too much bile production, but not sure what might cause that. If it hasn't already corrected itself to a more brownish color, I would suggest going to an experienced rabbit vet to make sure there isn't some sort of underlying health issue going on.
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back