bunny won't stop biting her paws

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure. I know my rabbits have never done that. Is she actually biting them or licking them? Hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along and answer.

If it was Bentley's first time getting her nails clipped, maybe her paws feel "irritated" ?

I got Jenni last May (2009) when she was still young - 8 weeks - and when I brought her home I checked her nails to see if they needed a clipping. She was fine. Last week, I decided to trim them a bit because they were getting a little long. This was her first time EVER getting her nails clipped. Jenni was biting her paws too! As soon as I let her out of my arms she ran off and was nibbling at them. I gave her some food to distract her a little, but about 10 minutes later, she was back to biting them :p
Every 20 minutes or so, she would bite them for about 15 seconds then stop. Jenni was only acting like this for one day.

I think Bentley will probably stop soon enough :nod
You could try placing her on your lap, then when she goes to bite them, place your hand over her paws so she cant bite them (I recommend gloves of some sort :p)

Good luck with Bentley :wave:

Latest posts

Back