Bunny won’t eat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simmo

Reaction score
Hi
My bunny is not himself today, not eating and had his poop stuck to his bum fluff this morning. I cleaned his bum area with cool water and have been making him drink water, I’ve added the bunny probiotic to his water too. He’s inside now but I think he got too hot overnight and early this morning,
I’ve got a fan near him and he’s lying on a cold floor, but he won’t eat??
He’s malting a lot too, I keep brushing him

Hi
My bunny is not himself today, not eating and had his poop stuck to his bum fluff this morning. I cleaned his bum area with cool water and have been making him drink water, I’ve added the bunny probiotic to his water too. He’s inside now but I think he got too hot overnight and early this morning,
I’ve got a fan near him and he’s lying on a cold floor, but he won’t eat??
He’s malting a lot too, I keep brushing him

Can you call the vet and see if he should be seen?

He’s had painkillers and rehydration but still not eating and barely drinking now not sure what else I can do 😩
Do you think I should leave him outside tonight or keep him in the house? It’s so hot in the house!

I would put him wherever he is most comfortable If he is usually outside, he should probably be there so he can be comfortable in his environment and more likely to pass stools and eat... A stressed out rabbit is generally in a poor situation to heal, eat, and poop, which is really your goal here. What diagnosis did the vet give you?

Good point I’ve put him outside.
They said everything seemed normal, I wonder if he’s ingested some of his hair? He’s really moulting.
I’ll need to make sure I get up early to get him out of the sun in the morning,
Thanks for helping me

That sounds good... especially if it's cooler outside at night.
Has he eaten or pooped yet?

How is he today? Is your vet on the RWAF vet list? Rabbit Friendly Vet List Did they do a blood glucose test for blockage? Did they give you painkiller and gut stimulants to give at home? Did they give you recovery food?

Latest posts

Back