Bunny won’t go up and down ramp

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatyana adams

Reaction score
I just put together this new cage, but my bunny won’t go up or down the ramp. I tried to encourage her but she was freaking out. Is it to steep or do I just give it time?

Attachments

• D1BF2B0B-876C-44AB-9FB3-C689C5A02701.jpeg
    D1BF2B0B-876C-44AB-9FB3-C689C5A02701.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 6
Ramp is imho way to steep. Once she knows how to use a longer one she might use this too, but I would make it at least twice as long. or with a step at the lower end if there isn't enough room. As it she pretty much has to jump down.
When I got my buck he had some troubles too the first time in his life he could leave his hutch, I had to send some kits to show him the ropes :D

Attachments

• Buck2.jpg
    Buck2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 4
  • Buck3.jpg
    Buck3.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Buck4.jpg
    Buck4.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 3
I agree, that ramp is too steep. Also remember they are essentially wearing fuzzy socks, so it's probably hard for a rabbit to want to go up a ramp with little traction. It may be helpful to cut carpet pieces to fit in the large gaps, in addition to making it less steep.

Your ramp needs to double the number of bumps. But bunnies more like to jump up and down to do excises than going ramp way.

Put the bunny to the upper level. When he find way to go down, he will realize the way to go up.

Latest posts

Back