Bunny tummy issue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylova4eva

Reaction score
So I went out to his cage, to find his bottom caked in poop. I was thinking it was cecotrophs, but I really don't know. We don't give him treats. I'm in a hurry so ihave to keep this short. Help!

Benjamin had a couple of issues of this. I just set him on the sink and gently poured water over his bottom and cleaned him that way. Could be one of the greens are not agreeing with him. Cut back a bit and give him more hay for awhile. With the gi statis you don't want to deprive him completely of greens.Is the wire on the bottom of his cage so that the poo will not drop through at all or do you have a litter box. Could be he is sitting in it and getting it smeared on his bum that way.

yep, that's one possibility. He has a litter box on the wire and i think he may have just gotten it smeared. And we had a bunch of people over today and it was kidna stressing. They say stress can cause such issues. As of now, his pooping is fine, and I haven't seen more cecals smearing on him! *YAY!*

Keep praying for him! :)

I am changing him from the pellets the breeder sent with him and he's been switching between for a week. And is is at half and half...so it still could've been that.

Latest posts

Back