Bunny stomach moving

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I just got a new baby bunny she’s going to be 3 months old on march 28 we are currently march 18, she’s very skittish which is to be expected cuz of her previous living condition. But today I’ve been hearing her stomach rumble a lot and she was laying on her side and I could see her stomach moving and areas where her stomach would tense like if babies were inside… im insanely scared because first she doesn’t know me enough to let me examine or bring her to the vet and second I don’t know what I would do with babies. WHAT DO I DO?? I really hope she’s not pregnant

Most likely not pregnant, way too young. She's 10, 11 weeks now, and to visually see anything she would have to be quite far along, like at 3 weeks. Even does of very small breeds aren't mature at 8 weeks.
The youngest age one of my doelings got accidentially pregnant was at 14-15 weeks.

Bowl movements are normal, and when comfotrtably flopped on one side it can be quite visible. Some grumbling can be normal as long as there is no sign of discomfort (like sitting hunched up, being lethargic, not comming for treats etc.), but if it is connected to a recent diet change I would watch her closely and rather stick to stuff she is used to from the start for another month and be careful when gradually introducing new stuff.
If you are worried about gas, putting some Simethicone (infant gas relief drops, about 20mg) on her food wouldn't hurt, but that you hear grumbling means things are moving, and that's a good sign. Making her move now and then or gentle belly massages are options too.

What diet do you feed, did you add anything to what she was fed at where you got her from?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back