Bunny starting to bite

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Comish

Reaction score
We have a bunny who we have had since birth...she is now 10 years old. She is healthy to our knowledge, still eating and drinking as usual. Within the last couple of months she has starting to nip at us while we are holding her. She will typically sit in my wife's arms as we watch TV at night. Recently she will reach over an bite her arm for no reason. Any ideas why this new behavior may be occurring. My wife is getting leery of holding her now. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I would suspect there may be an underlying health issue causing the change of behavior. it could be she is trying to let you know she's in pain. She could have arthritis making her feel uncomfortable while you hold her, or possibly something more serious. It would probably be a good idea to get her in for a vet check up, dental exam, and get some blood work done. If nothing obvious is found and her kidney function is good, maybe do a trial of daily meloxicam(nsaid) to see if that helps at all.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back