Bunny squeeling in pain

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiemybunny

Reaction score
One of my other bunnies oreo keeps squeeling in pain, which I have never heard in rabbits , she's eating but not pooping and the vet gave us metacam but it doesn't seem to help .
What should I do?

why is she in pain? did your vet give a diagnosis?

You haven’t give much information. But honestly, I would take her to the vet. The emergency vet on a Sunday night will be expensive, but IMO it’s worth it.

Why did he give the metacam, what's the problem why you went to the vet?

As far as I can tell rabbits do not squeal in pain. They rather go quiet and lethargic. If, by squeeling, you mean a very loud scream. Like that kit, at 0:35, only way louder.

Can you describe the noise in other words, and also the situation when she does it? Are there other rabbits with her? Is she eating normally?

why is she in pain? did your vet give a diagnosis?

You haven’t give much information. But honestly, I would take her to the vet. The emergency vet on a Sunday night will be expensive, but IMO it’s worth it.
Didn't tell me , I took her to the vet earlier and they just said her stomach hurts. Okay thank you

Why did he give the metacam, what's the problem why you went to the vet?

As far as I can tell rabbits do not squeal in pain. They rather go quiet and lethargic. If, by squeeling, you mean a very loud scream. Like that kit, at 0:35, only way louder.

Can you describe the noise in other words, and also the situation when she does it? Are there other rabbits with her? Is she eating normally?

Yes eating normally , not like that , more like a complaining sound . He lives on his own till he gets neutered .

He or she?
Does can get pretty vocal sometimes. Mostly when she is, or thinks that she is pregnant and a buck is anywhere near, that does sound like complaining. Or if they are annoyed. Can't really remember hearing one of my bucks "talking". Is this noise the only reason for concern?

If she's eating she's going to poop eventually, and normally the first sign of a hurting tummy is that they don't eat much.

If something is wrong it's something I haven't seen yet.

He or she?
Does can get pretty vocal sometimes. Mostly when she is, or thinks that she is pregnant and a buck is anywhere near, that does sound like complaining. Or if they are annoyed. Can't really remember hearing one of my bucks "talking". Is this noise the only reason for concern?

If she's eating she's going to poop eventually, and normally the first sign of a hurting tummy is that they don't eat much.

If something is wrong it's something I haven't seen yet.
I meant he , they told us he was a girl and I only use found out recently that "she" is a boy . She hasn't pooped in 5 hours but she is eating

One of my other bunnies oreo keeps squeeling in pain, which I have never heard in rabbits , she's eating but not pooping and the vet gave us metacam but it doesn't seem to help .
What should I do?

Is he peeing okay? Crying in pain can happen when a rabbit has a urinary tract infection and is peeing, for example. This can also present as lower tummy pain when palpated because of the inflamed bladder, but a rabbit would likely not be eating normally then. Treatment would be antibiotics, asap. But it doesn't sound like that is what you're describing.

A rabbit with tummy pain (gas, GI stasis), usually does not complain vocally (except maybe grinding teeth in pain) or keep eating normally, at least not in my experience, so I wonder what is going on with your rabbit. Illness, injury...?

Keep your bunny well-hydrated with plenty of wet leafy greens and possibly offering water from a syringe (if he doesn't seem to drink enough from a bowl) while he's on metacam (hard on the kidneys) as that will also keep the gut hydrated and help him pass poops.

I hope he'll get better soon.

Last edited:
How many rabbits do you have, I thought there was just one Robbie and he had some gut stasis problems does he feel better now?

Latest posts

Back