Bunny squeaked when went to pick her up

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatyG

Reaction score
I went to pick up my rabbit to give her a cuddle this evening and she made this little squeak before I had even touched her. Sometimes she grunts when she is annoyed but it wasn't like that. It was just a little sort of chirp. She has never done this before and I wondered if she was injured.

She is eating/drinking/pooping fine and I checked her for cuts etc. When I picked her up later I thought her breathing sounded a little wheezy. It was nothing dramatic and she certainly does not look ill, is hopping about as normal so I wasn't sure what I should do. Any advice would be welcome thanks? Should I be worried?

She might have been spooked by something. Maybe she saw something that scared her and when you went to pick her up, she was shocked by it. I know that if my rabbit gets scared by something and we try to go near him to calm him down, he will run away from us and be very cautious. Hope everything is alright,

~Josh

Latest posts

Back