Quantcast

Bunny spayed today! 😓

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

raven123

Reaction score
So she just got home and she refuses hay and greens but she will eat pellets. I’m trying to tell myself that “at least she’s eating something” but she’s not really eating a lot. Do you think I should be concerned she’s not eating hay and greens or do you think she is just wanting her comfort food first. Also she is surprisingly more active than I thought she’d be. She’s looking around her playpen and acting like her normal self.

Hermelin

Reaction score
Nothing to worry about, hay eating will happen later and it’s great she’s acting normal and eating.

Myself worried to death when Odin refused eating and just sitting in a corner after his neuter.

raven123

Reaction score
She just ate a piece of lettuce and is going for more. I’m glad I’ve seen her eat greens, pellets, and hay by the time she got home and she didn’t get home to long ago. This is the opposite of Hermione’s spay. When Hermione got spayed she just sat in the corner and didn’t eat and refused the syringe. Skylar is eating a lot and even hopped around her cage a bit.

Hermelin

Reaction score
She just ate a piece of lettuce and is going for more. I’m glad I’ve seen her eat greens, pellets, and hay by the time she got home and she didn’t get home to long ago. This is the opposite of Hermione’s spay. When Hermione got spayed she just sat in the corner and didn’t eat and refused the syringe. Skylar is eating a lot and even hopped around her cage a bit.
Hope everything goes well with the healing and you have nothing to worry about right now ☺

Nancy McClelland

Larry
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every bunny is different, but it was good she was eating. They do generally bounce back quick--hard part was keeping them in the hutch til they healed up, 7 days is what our vet said for the girls and 4 for the boys. Have to take Nikki 3rd in next month so he'll be fully compliant. He'll be the 49th.

raven123

Reaction score
Every bunny is different, but it was good she was eating. They do generally bounce back quick--hard part was keeping them in the hutch til they healed up, 7 days is what our vet said for the girls and 4 for the boys. Have to take Nikki 3rd in next month so he'll be fully compliant. He'll be the 49th.
Wow that’s a lot of rabbits you’ve gotten fixed. I will be keeping Skylar in the playpen for a month or two (until I bond her to my other bunny Hermione) I’m very excited to get them both bonded so I can have them both free roam my room!

Latest posts