Bunny snow day?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan Madoka

Reaction score
Hello! So this is the first winter with my bun and I wanted to know if he could play in the snow? He is harness trained and such but I wasn't sure if it would be okay for a short amount of time or should I just bring some in from outside and put it in the bathtub? I just want him to have some fun with the snow while it's here :):p

Is your bun normally inside or outside? How warm or cold is it out there? How often have you taken him outside for walks? Is he in good health?
If all seems fine with him and he's used to it, if it's not too cold, you can take him outside for a short while.
When our bun was outdoor, he would often go play outside, even if it was a single day with snow in october. We haven't had proper snow until now, so we're heavily affected by climate change over here. If we do get snow again, i am planning to take our bun out as well, some of my classmates have even taken out their mini buns.
So i think it is fine to do so.

If the snow is a wet snow, that could pose a problem. If your rabbits gets wet and chilled, they can get deathly ill. When I had outdoor rabbits, I would let them play in the snow as long as it wasn't wet. They would usually choose to go back in their hutch after about 20 minutes.

Thanks for the replies! He is an indoor rabbit. It's pretty packed snow. We live in Wisconsin so we get a good amount of snow each winter! I got him in June so we've been outside each session (of course when it's not too hot) I think I'll bring a little bit of the packed snow inside and put it in a big box and see how he likes it first?

Oh i wish we had snow right now so our bun could play in it as well. But for a single day that we had ´proper´ snow 'round here it was wet too, and he was an outdoor bun then, yet he's still finee, so it's not always deadly, but i agree that it is not recommended.

Latest posts

Back