Bunny sneezes a lot but energetic

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loonlooney

Reaction score
For about a week now he keeps on sneezing. But he eats and drinks a lot. Poops and pees regularly. He’s energetic too. He runs to me when I get home. Probably expects his veggies. When he knows I’m about to refill his hay he circles around me or the bag. This morning he was zooming crazily around the room.

He does tend to stick his nose on his hay. He sneezes when he does but that doesnt stop him from eating. I did notice that the side of his nose had some crust (its black)

First time bunny owner. So I dont know what to think. Should I rush him to the vet or continue to monitor him. Thanks in advance

dear loonlooney,-usually with a rabbit,it is not always simple,--allergy??-support the immune system{,probotics}-lots of grasses-timothy/orchard,water,quality pellets,and some greens..-we all have to start sometime,--welcome--sincerely james waller for joseph r cottontail/bdenium rip

He’s only 2months so I give him Alfalfa hay. I also give him vegetables everyday but fruits not so much because I heard too much is bad.

But I’ve never given him pellets. I thought giving him unlimited hay is enough? So i should also give him pellets?

I’m worried because it feels like his entire body is sneezing.

Thank you

He’s only 2months so I give him Alfalfa hay. I also give him vegetables everyday but fruits not so much because I heard too much is bad.

But I’ve never given him pellets. I thought giving him unlimited hay is enough? So i should also give him pellets?

I’m worried because it feels like his entire body is sneezing.

Thank you
dear loonlooney,--alfalfa isnot like these other "grasses/hay"-it is digestible like clover,therefore not a grass like timothy/orchard which are not digestible..--now,-this above means..-rabbits are strictly herbivores-"grasses"-70% of the diet must be grasses,ie.timothy/orchard,etc.{-for the gi tract to work properly.}-.quality pellets for vitamins and digestible food,-plus water-and vegy,s for a treat..-now for the sneezing,-this is a prelude to a problem-generally rabbits donot get allergy,s,but there are always exceptions to any rule,--please have an exotic dvm examine him for proper diagnosis and check out www.medirabbit.com -you are observant and caring,--sincerely james waller for joseph r cottontail/bdenium-rip

If you’re worried, best to take him to a rabbit knowledgable vet - if you’re ever unsure whether to take a pet to the vet or not, the answer is always yes! Best case scenario our vet can reassure you that he’s fine, worst case scenario your vet identifies a problem and helps to fix it. Win win :)

Ah now I get it. I have to buy alfalfa again (he sure eats a lot) so I’ll get those too. I have decided to change the brand for the alfalfa since I noticed that he always sneeze while eating.

I’ve been planning on bringing him to the vet when its time to neuter him. But I’ll bring him sooner to make sure he’s okay. It’s also better for my peace of mind :D

Ah now I get it. I have to buy alfalfa again (he sure eats a lot) so I’ll get those too. I have decided to change the brand for the alfalfa since I noticed that he always sneeze while eating.

I’ve been planning on bringing him to the vet when its time to neuter him. But I’ll bring him sooner to make sure he’s okay. It’s also better for my peace of mind :D
dear loonlooney,--no you do-not get it,-alfalfa-is the treat,-you need to buy/offer grasses-example.timothy/orchard-etc.-I donot know what you have available on the island??-check this library on r.o.l.-for references to grasses,,do you have any exotic dvm,s there.-make a phone call and ask for information,setup an appointment..sincerely james waller

I’m sorry for the poor sentence construction. But I did mean that I’m gonna buy grasses.

I’ve researched for a vet. And found an exotic vet nearby.

I’m sorry for the poor sentence construction. But I did mean that I’m gonna buy grasses.

I’ve researched for a vet. And found an exotic vet nearby.
hi loonlooney,-thank you,i did not want you to think I was disappointed..--texting lacks certain human effects-sincerely james waller

It does. Probably why they added emojis and gif.
There’s an exotic vet highly recommended by rabbit owners but its a two hour drive should I go there? I heard its stressful for bunnies to travel. Or the exotic vet clinic 30mins from here?
Thanks

It does. Probably why they added emojis and gif.
There’s an exotic vet highly recommended by rabbit owners but its a two hour drive should I go there? I heard its stressful for bunnies to travel. Or the exotic vet clinic 30mins from here?
Thanks
dear loonlooney,-please call them,and ask questions ..did you check out website www.medirabbit.com sincerely james waller

Already visited a rabbit vet and was told that he’s okay. No discharge on his nose and eyes.
I was told to feed him pellets and timothy for 2 weeks to see if he would still sneeze. It could be that he’s sensitive to the alfalfa.

Already visited a rabbit vet and was told that he’s okay. No discharge on his nose and eyes.
I was told to feed him pellets and timothy for 2 weeks to see if he would still sneeze. It could be that he’s sensitive to the alfalfa.
dear loonlooney,-excellent--,sincerely james waller

Latest posts

Back