Bunny Sneeze

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovetheworld16

Reaction score
What causes bunnies to sneeze? Mine make an occasional duck sound like he's coughing up a hairball. He doesn't have a wet nose or is lethargic and it's not constant. Juat once in a while. Is he coughing up fur? Is this normal?

Sneezing isn't the same as coughing, it sounds like Pfew-Pfew-Pfew, and can happen now and then, quite normal. Irritation, dust, etc. can make rabbits sneeze. Same as with humans.
It only is something of concern when it it happens often and regularily, and when there's discharge. One of my does sneezes rather often, about every day for years now, about 5 times in a row, but she's healthy and there are no signs that something serious is off. It's not a good sign and something to keep a close look at though. If you ever get to a rabbitry with sneezing all over the place it's best to turn around.

Coughing, like when something gets logded or in the wrong tube sounds horribly, didn't hear that often. But when I jumped and ran to see what is going on.

Latest posts

Back