Bunny Sitter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaK

Reaction score
I'm trying to get everything ready for Gunston and Whidbey's vacation.

I've written up their eating habits and treat likes/dislikes. I'm also giving their foster mom a link to this site. In case of emergency, she'll be taking them to her local vet (they specialize in rabbits, and my usual vet is over an hour away from her).

I'm sure they'll be fine, but is there anything else I may be forgetting?

You seem to have thought of most things and if you trust her to look after your little ones, she must be a bunny fan. I think the most important thing is that she maybe keeps them to their regular routine (mine lost it for a couple of weeks and it does upset them) and hope you´ve trained her to be a proper bunny slave to her bunny masters haha. Lots of cuddles and nose rubs I hope are allowed.

You seem to have thought of most things and if you trust her to look after your little ones, she must be a bunny fan. I think the most important thing is that she maybe keeps them to their regular routine (mine lost it for a couple of weeks and it does upset them) and hope you´ve trained her to be a proper bunny slave to her bunny masters haha. Lots of cuddles and nose rubs I hope are allowed.

I don't actually meet her until Tuesday, but I'm really hoping it works out, because I'm have about a week before I have to move them in.
She doesn't have bunnies, but has a wide assortment of other animals, and came well recommended.

It's a fairly long-term stay, right?

Especially if they've seen the vet for anything other than a spay/neuter, I'd see about either getting a copy of their records from your current vet to send with them or at least giving permission to your current vet to discuss their records with the foster's vet.

It's a fairly long-term stay, right?

Especially if they've seen the vet for anything other than a spay/neuter, I'd see about either getting a copy of their records from your current vet to send with them or at least giving permission to your current vet to discuss their records with the foster's vet.

Yeah, it's 3-4 months.

I'll also get the documentation necessary to authorize vet care. I think that's actually in the packet of information from the organization we're working with.

We are a 'go' with the bunnies vacation home! They should move in this weekend.

Any other tips for making the transition as easy as possible for them?

Are you bringing their stuff (cage, food, hay, litterbox, etc.) with them? If not, I'd suggest bringing something that smells like them (or like you) with them.

Are you bringing their stuff (cage, food, hay, litterbox, etc.) with them? If not, I'd suggest bringing something that smells like them (or like you) with them.

Yes, everything except the hay is coming from my house. They have horses, so have access to good hay.

Latest posts

Back