Bunny sick after Neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivisvendsen5

Reaction score
Hi there! So my rabbit Lauritz was neutered 3 days ago, but now he doesn’t want to eat anything, not even snacks. His stomach is growling and he just seems so depressed, I really don’t know what to do because I don’t have enough money this month to take him to the vet to get checked since just a checkup costs 100$ and then if he needs medicine that costs even more.
Is it normal that male rabbits get sick after neuter? Will it go away again? I hope someone can have an answer for me because I’m really worried!

You need to get him to the vet right now. 3 days after a neuter, he should be back to normal. Just the fact he isn't indicates there could be a complication due to the surgery, or with a distended belly he could have bloat. I'm afraid that's the only solution at this point. I hope he's going to be ok.

You could attempt baby gas drops(simethicone) which may help if it's gas build up and nothing else going on. But if it's because of the surgery, then this isn't going to help anything.

https://rabbit.org/gastrointestinal-stasis-the-silent-killer-2/(simethicone dosing info)

Latest posts

Back