Bunny scare acting strange, please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanutbutter

Reaction score
Hi all, yesterday evening the metal dog pen fell on top of my rabbit, it was folded up at one end so it didn’t fall and flatten her, but it did land on her. She seemed fine not limping still running about and taking food, I was more worried about shock. I brought her with me to my boyfriends house for a few days as I work in the same town he lives in so I can spend more time with her before the arrival of her new friend on friday. However she wasn’t really eating last night and hasn’t done many poops. When I put her food down this morning she didn’t really care when normally she runs straight up to it, I’ve been able to get her to eat some herbs and some cavelo nero (and some treats of course) but she hasn’t got a proper appetite and hasn’t touched her pellets. I’ve syringe fed her some water as i’ve not seen her drink and gave her some gripe water as I could hear her tummy rumbling and was panicking about Gi Stasis.
She’s been asleep most of the day (as normal) but seems a little extra lethargic.
I’m not sure if maybe I’m worrying over nothing because I know that we had an accident or whether I need to think about emergency vets.

All advice is appreciated,
Thanks Holly

She could be injured and in pain, and that's why she is lethargic and not eating well. Or if she isn't used to your boyfriends place, she could be feeling scared about being in a new place. Which ever it is, if she doesn't start eating more normally and/or her poops are getting very small or stop altogether, then it's necessary to get her to a knowledgeable rabbit vet for gut stimulant, pain meds, recovery food, and fluids, before her GI tract stops completely and she risks developing a blockage. If she doesn't seem injured and you think she's acting off because she's in an unfamiliar place, if you can keep her eating and hydrated at least a little bit throughout the day and she keeps pooping fairly well, that might be enough to get her back to normal and feeling well before it becomes necessary to get her into a vet.
https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-...abbit-friendly-vets/rabbit-friendly-vet-list/

She could be injured and in pain, and that's why she is lethargic and not eating well. Or if she isn't used to your boyfriends place, she could be feeling scared about being in a new place. Which ever it is, if she doesn't start eating more normally and/or her poops are getting very small or stop altogether, then it's necessary to get her to a knowledgeable rabbit vet for gut stimulant, pain meds, recovery food, and fluids, before her GI tract stops completely and she risks developing a blockage. If she doesn't seem injured and you think she's acting off because she's in an unfamiliar place

Thank you for the response. She does come to my boyfriends’ quite regularly but i also know she doesn’t eat in new places, she refused to eat at the vets after her spay but ate loads as soon as she was home, however her appetite was better last night than it was during the day.
I gave her some more gripe water after my first post and she seemed to perk up a bit within 10 mins so whether or not it was helping or just a coincidence i dont know. I started cooking dinner and could hear her eating again so I think she will be okay. She also has been laying down properly now as well, where as before she was all crunched up in a loaf and she looked quite uncomfortable/dazed.

I’m going to keep an eye on her throughout the night and my boyfriend is not at work due to sickness so I’ll make sure he watches her tomorrow whilst i’m at work.

Latest posts

Back